Administrative and Communications Intern with Focus on New Immigrant OutreachBookmark This
Community Supported Film
31 Germania Street
Jamaica Plain, MA
DescriptionCommunity Supported Film is looking for an intern to play a key role in helping this young organization grow and communicate its mission. This intern will help plan a filmmaking training in Boston for new immigrants and refugees through assistance with partner outreach, research and fundraising; assist with the daily operations of this small start-up organization; and assist in the promotion and distribution of our Afghan-made film collection, The Fruit of Our Labor
CSFilm’s mission as a not-for-profit organization is to integrate training, storytelling and awareness building by:
1. Training storytellers from poor and developing communities in non-fiction filmmaking and assisting them with the development of their careers as filmmakers and video-journalists
2. Producing engaging stories from the trainee’s perspective about important social and economic development issues in their communities. These stories counteract the relentless focus of the western media on battlefronts, crises and disasters.
3. Building a bridge between the community of filmmakers, communities in development, and an international community of concerned citizens. This conversation raises awareness about sustainable paths to a more peaceful and equitable world.
This is an excellent opportunity to help build an organization in its start-up phase. Learn and see more at www.csfilm.org.
• Research potential partnerships, collaborations, and distribution and fundraising opportunities
• Assist with the maintenance and improvement of administrative systems
• Writing and copyediting for various purposes
• Assist with donation tracking and acknowledgments
• Assist with the coordination of screenings, presentations, public engagement, and fundraising campaigns
• Assist with outreach to partners and potential partners in planning a documentary filmmaking training for immigrants and refugees in Boston or the surrounding area.
• Research, develop and maintain the organization’s online social media presence
• Pitching stories and interviews, place op-eds and articles and book CSFilm spokespeople on radio and television.
• Identify, build and maintain relationships with journalists and producers
• Write, edit and distribute press releases and all related correspondence and materials
• Maintain a press database and track media hits
• Research and assist in the drafting of grant applications
RequirementsEssential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Bilingual English/Spanish, with additional languages a plus
• Interest in and knowledge of immigration and refugee issues and local organizations
• College degree, near degree completion, or equivalent experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience with Outreach and partnership building
• Experience with public relations, press outreach and social media
• Experience with:
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Web technology such as Wordpress
• Detail oriented with ability to take initiative and carry multiple tasks to completion
Additional Skills (may be learned on the job):
• Familiarity with Photoshop, i-photo, Illustrator and other image and graphic software
• Knowledge of the language of documentary video production and public engagement
• Knowledge of issues of social and economic development
• Video compression and media production for the web