Communication InternNational Multiple Sclerosis Society, Long Island Chapter
Fashion / Travel / Lifestyle / Celebration blogging interns wanted!Astrid Mueller LLC
El-Hibri Social Media InternEl-Hibri Charitable Foundation
Communications / Public Relations InternBlakey & Agnew
AABB Internship, Externships and Academic Residency Program (Communications)AABB
Communications AssistantBookmark This
Hillcrest Event Center
16260 East 350th Street
DescriptionTopics include the varieties of public relations writing, ethics, and legal responsibilities, PR strategies and tactics, crisis management, as well as nonprofit, and social PR.
Students should have some writing experience before considering this program. Writing assignments will include press releases, speeches, reports, and PR campaign proposals.
The objective of the Public Relations program also includes research skill development, how to write clearly and simply, and using proper grammar. General topics include the art of persuasion and public relations planning.
• Writing styles in emails, memos, letters, reports, proposals, news releases, broadcasts, ad copy, material for the Internet, speeches, newsletters, brochures, magazines, and annual reports
• Crisis communications, conflict management, public opinion, corporate public relations
• Public relations and the government and non-profit organizations
• Social Media witting for, Facebook, blogs, twitter, and fanz.tv
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Use alternate forms of communication (including graphic arts), resulting in improved interactions.
- Edit and proof other team members work and provide constructive feedback
Requirements- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.