Communications InternCliniOps, Inc.
Spring 2014 Peacemaker Internship - CommunicationsMassachusetts Peace Action
Feeding Children Everywhere Communications Intern- Orlando, FLFeeding Children Everywhere
social media & communications internship (New York, NY / some remote work ok)memmee
Communications InternTucson Hispanic Chamber
Communications InternBookmark This
Drowning Prevention Foundation
Can work remotely or in San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionThe Drowning Prevention Foundation is a Bay Area nonprofit agency that works to create awareness and advocate for policy change to prevent childhood drowning.
If interested, please email Kyle Elliott (Volunteer Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org with a customized cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, please include the position(s) you are interested, relevant experience, and why you want to work with the Drowning Prevention Foundation.
ResponsibilitiesLocation: Can work remotely or in San Francisco, CA
Mentor: Beverly Payton, Board Secretary, Cochranville, PA
Use your creative communications skills to help us spread the word about our work. Depending on your interest and abilities, activities may include:
• Developing an editorial calendar
• Developing content for monthly e-newsletter and sending it out via MailChimp
• Create a holiday thank you e-card for supporters
• Post content on our Facebook and Twitter sites and engage in conversations
• Draft press releases/media alerts when appropriate
• Develop local media outreach templates
• Secure in-kind sponsorships from media
This is not a traditional internship position; a majority of work is done virtually to allow individuals to work on projects and tasks at their own convenience. Nonetheless, you will receive guidance and supervision from your respective mentor.
Requirements• Nonprofit /advocacy experience a plus, but we will train the right person!
• Access to a computer with internet capabilities.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Great critical thinking and time-management.
• Dependability and consistent follow through.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Bilingual a plus, but not required.