Communications InternBookmark This
DescriptionUpperthinking, LLC, a DMV-based lifestyle and retail brand, is currently hiring interns for the 2012-2013 academic year. These positions allow undergraduate students to spend their academic year gaining priceless hands-on experience with an independent brand in the fashion retail industry while receiving credit toward their degree programs. The Upperthinking Internship Program comprises five interns in five different positions, providing opportunities for undergraduate students of various majors and interests.
The internship positions are unpaid, but students may receive academic course credit for their work. Interns are required to notify the Upperthinking team of their institution’s requirements for receiving credit.
Please send your résumé, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject line: “Upperthinking Internship Application 2012-2013,” and be sure to include the position for which you are applying. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone for an interview. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.*
ResponsibilitiesIntern will work with Upperthinking’s Public Relations Representative to:
• Complete public relations activities such as writing press releases, research, updating and maintaining media lists, assembling client clip books and press kits, and providing support at special events
• Assist in the creation, implementation and evaluation of public relations campaigns and proposals
• Build and maintain an online presence through new media accounts (Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Upperthinking blog etc.)
• Research and correspond with print, online and broadcast media outlets to secure write-ups about the company and its clients (including interview coordination)
• Actively participate in conference calls, meetings and other company correspondence
• Research and attend networking opportunities for exposure and expansion
• Use analytic tools, aggregators, etc. to track media mentions of brand
• Complete all work to the best of your ability in a professional and timely manner*
*While Upperthinking promotes academic excellence and believes in making education a priority, representatives are responsible for managing their time wisely and communicating with the administrative team when complications arise (and before a deadline arrives).
• All applicants must be currently enrolled undergraduate students in good standing.
• All applicants must have at least 10 hours a week to dedicate to the program.
• All applicants must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
• All applicants must have experience with written communication for PR and be active on social media and social networking sites.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – Applicants should:
• Work well independently and as a team member
• Be reliable and organized
• Possess strong analytical and writing skills (with strong attention to detail)
• Be a member (and active user) of social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Have access to the internet, cameras and other applicable technology