Communications InternCliniOps, Inc.
Spring 2014 Peacemaker Internship - CommunicationsMassachusetts Peace Action
Feeding Children Everywhere Communications Intern- Orlando, FLFeeding Children Everywhere
social media & communications internship (New York, NY / some remote work ok)memmee
Communications InternTucson Hispanic Chamber
Communications InternBookmark This
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
6931 Arlington Road, Suite 312
DescriptionFor more than 20 years, the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation has consistently been recognized as one of the most effective and efficient organizations of its kind. Because of the work of the Foundation, people with CF are living longer, healthier lives. Foundation interns will have the opportunity to work with top fundraising professionals while gaining hands-on experience at a leading, National, non-profit organization.
The CFF, Metro DC Chapter is seeking a fervent individual to support the foundation’s aggressive special events schedule and fundraising efforts. Students will work under the guidance of CF Foundation staff, acquiring skills and experience as they assist in the planning and implementation of event-based fundraising events (such as the national Great Strides Walk for CF). Our internship program offers college students the opportunity to gain experience in fundraising, marketing, event coordination, & general non-profit management skills.
Students with cystic fibrosis will not be eligible for the internship due to the risk of infection in the interaction with others with CF.
Interns will also be expected to perform some administrative duties as needed. Examples of this may include, but are not limited to:
- Database updates
- Processing Receipts & Invoices
- General Research
ResponsibilitiesInterns will work with event directors and special event coordinators on the following tasks:
- Auction Donation Solicitations
- Event mailings
- Follow-up phone calls
- Distribution of even collateral material & event promotions
- Volunteer Recruitment
- Logistical and event related assignments
RequirementsRelevant event, volunteer, or internship experience required.
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written) necessary
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and stay organized to ensure projects are complete in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Basic knowledge of database management
- Availability for some nights and weekends, when event support it needed.
- Preferred fields of study include, but are not limited to: Non-profit Management, Marketing, Sales, Communication, or Business