Communications InternBookmark This
1001 Fleet Street, 8th Fl
For more than a decade, Educate Online has built gateway skills for Career and College Readiness through personalized, live online instruction in reading, math and writing for K-20 students. Learners connect and interact with an Educate Online faculty member through our online learning environment. Our instructors are U.S.-based educators with state-certifications and/or advanced degrees committed to helping build academic achievement and maximizing student outcomes.
Educate Online’s mastery-based approach produces significant academic gains: on average, students experience more than a 1.0 grade-level improvement in just 25 hours of one-on-one instruction. Our faculty members are passionate pioneers helping us shape the future of education through our unique learning model. To date, over two million sessions have been delivered to students in all 50 states, Puerto Rico, and the District of Columbia. Educate Online’s main offices are located in Danvers, MA and Baltimore, MD.
Length of Internship & Hours
Internship scheduled for Fall 2013 and Spring 2014.
Part Time (20 hours/week) with flexible work schedule.
This is an unpaid, non-benefit eligible internship.
Educate Online seeks an enthusiastic, self-directed, team-oriented individual to serve as an intern to provide support to and learn about the Program Management team at an online education technology company. The internship is designed for an individual with interest in e-learning, education, and/or general business.
This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills he or she may have acquired in school and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that operations and sales play in an organization and be better prepared to work in the arena of education.
- Attend meetings to gain an insider’s look at how each team operates and works together
- Shadow select staff to see a Day in the Life of a Program Manager
- Focus on the needs of higher education institutions with regard to academic improvement
- Learn to design and execute communication schedules and content
- Understand how to track and evaluate efficacy of out-going communications
Responsibilities- Program Management – assist with the daily execution of client communications
- Create communications templates
- Assist in managing client database
- Conduct web research as needed
- Special projects and assignments as needed
Requirements- US work authorization required
- Some college coursework completed
- Currently pursuing an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with an interest in Communications, Education, Finance, Marketing, Public Relations and/or Business
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of job responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient computer skills, specifically Excel
- Cooperative attitude with team-oriented disposition
- Reliable transportation to Inner Harbor area