Communications InternBookmark This
Lupus Foundation of America, FL
2300 High Ridge Road #375
Boynton Beach, FL
The Lupus Foundation of America (LFA) is the nation's leading nonprofit voluntary health organization dedicated to finding the causes of and cure for lupus and providing support and services to all people affected by lupus. The LFA, Florida Chapter serves the 100,000 individuals living with lupus and their loved ones.
The Communications Intern will help the Lupus Foundation of America's Florida Chapter tell its story and present itself to the public by working with staff on all media related activities, developing social media content and general communications initiatives, such as LFA's e-newsletter. This is a perfect internship for someone who is a self-starter, detail oriented, creative thinker, not afraid to roll her/his sleeves up and is interested in working with a dedicated team on an important cause.
Responsibilities- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Edit and proof other team member's work and provide constructive feedback
- Help develop content for website, newsletters, and social media sites
- Draft press releases
RequirementsStudent must be currently pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Business, Non-profit Management or a closely related field. Strong computer, writing and communication skills are necessary for successful completion of duties. Communications Intern must also:
- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences
- Exceptional writing ability
- Ability to collect and synthesize information from diverse sources
- Familiarity with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media sites
- Journalistic experience a plus