Communications SpecialistStudio 15
Media and Communications InternPLHB Consulting
Enty Level - Business Communication - Public Relations - Direct Marketing Fall InternshipMarketing Consultants of Orlando
Editorial and Communications InternAAAS
Communication and Customer Service Luxury High EndMajestery LLC
Communications InternBookmark This
Marijuana Policy Project
2370 Champlain St NW
DescriptionThe Communications Intern will work in MPP’s Communications Department, which is responsible for effectively communicating MPP’s message to the media and the public through written materials and media relations.
This position is an excellent opportunity to get exposure to the workings of a fast-paced advocacy organization.
Applicants should be meticulous, organized, detail-oriented and have excellent oral communication and writing skills. Knowledge of Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Illustrator in particular), and video transfer equipment and/or software is desirable but not required.
ResponsibilitiesThe Communications Intern is responsible for:
- Maintaining MPP’s media database, including making corrections or additions to existing press lists and developing new lists as needed.
- Digitizing and organizing MPP's video archive.
- Writing content and editing blog posts and press releases for spelling and grammar errors.
- Tracking MPP's news coverage, including locating and/or ordering certain print - articles, radio interviews, and TV interviews.
- Monitoring and updating MPP’s social media presence and occasionally contributing to online discussions.
- Researching potential learning or networking opportunities and events that staff may find useful.
- Locating and obtaining copies of reports or studies that are of interest.
- Small research projects aimed at identifying potential media opportunities or obtaining useful data.
- Writing blog posts, ghost-writing op-eds, and other writing.
- Tackling other tasks as assigned.