Entry Level - Paid Internship! (New Jersey candidates only)Allure Marketing Group
Technology Internship in PR & MarketingBlastPR
BNSF Railway: Corporate Communications Intern 2015BNSF Railway
Editorial/Research InternshipPublic Religion Research Institute
Corporate Communications InternConnecticut Public Television
Communications & PR InternshipBookmark This
Kleinman Family Holocaust Education Center
5923 Strickland Avenue
DescriptionThe Kleinman Family Holocaust Education Center (www.kfhec.org) seeks two Communications & PR interns for Spring 2014 and two Communications & PR interns for Summer 2014
Description: Communications & PR
Schedule – Spring 2014: Part-time; minimum 12 hrs/ wk over at least 2 days/ wk with a 2-3 month commitment
Schedule – Summer 2014: Full-time; 4-5 days/week with a 2-3 month commitment
Overview: This is a unique opportunity to participate in the launching of a media campaign for a “start-up” museum/ educational organization. The Communications & PR Interns will have the opportunity to acquire practical communications, public relations and media relations experience – as well as professional workplace and organizational skills. The Interns will work in the Institutional Advancement Department.
The Kleinman Family Holocaust Education Center (KFHEC) recounts the circumstances, fate and actions of Jews – all Jews -- under unparalleled conditions of oppression and annihilation during the Holocaust. The uniqueness of the KFHEC – the factor that distinguishes it from all other Holocaust memorial centers and museums - rests in its historical narration of the Holocaust, filtered through the Orthodox perspective and experience. The KFHEC not only narrates the destruction of European Jewry, but also the re-birth of the religious Jewish community in the displaced persons camps of Europe and the revival of Orthodox Judaism in America, Israel and other parts of the world.
• This internship will take place in the KFHEC’s location at 5923 Strickland Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11234 (accessible by subway/bus and/or express bus or by private transportation).
• This is an unpaid internship.
• The KFHEC does not provide housing.
• Interns may arrange for credit with their academic institutions and the KFHEC will provide whatever documentation is necessary. Additional hours may be added to the Spring 2014 internship to fulfill academic requirements.
• Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
ResponsibilitiesSpecific activities may include, but are not limited to, assistance with the following:
• Maintain and update media contacts database
• Research media outlets for pitches
• Research deadlines for media opportunities in print, digital and broadcast media
• Monitor social media engagement and event listing opportunities
• Assist with implementation of media outreach campaigns, web content development and social media engagement
• Organized, resourceful & detail-oriented
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Knowledge of how to use the Internet for research
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic design or photo editing skills
• Interest in Holocaust studies/ museums/ education
• Preferred: knowledge of Hebrew and/or Yiddish
• Preferred: knowledge of the Chassidic and/or ultra-orthodox Jewish communities
Application Process: Please submit the following:
• Cover letter detailing areas of interest (with dates/days/times of availability)
• Resume/ curriculum vitae
• List of relevant coursework undertaken
• 2 references and/or letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
• Writing sample (3-5 pages, demonstrating research & composition skills – either a full text or an excerpt from a longer work) or other sample of work (ie, press release, articles, graphic design sample, photography sample, etc.)
Application packets can be sent to:
KFHEC Internship Program, 5923 Strickland Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11234
Or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internship Period Application Deadline Notification Timeframe
Spring 2014 Ongoing Ongoing
Summer 2014 April 7, 2014 May 2, 2014