Social Media InternThe Claire Life Mini Mag
Public Relations/Media InternshipHRW Music Group, LLC
Communications InternParadigm CreatVe Group
Marketing, Communications and Sales Representatives – Entry LevelNorthGate MN
Team Leader / Management TraineeInfinite Promotional Solutions
Communications & Writing InternMiller Ink
Social Media InternLittle Italy's Loading Dock
Corporate Communications InternBookmark This
Woman's Missionary Union (WMU)
100 Missionary Ridge
Posted: September 15 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFounded in 1888, WMU is a missions organization that has educated and involved generations upon generations in Christian missions. Our purpose—to challenge Christian believers to understand and be radically involved in the mission of God—is accomplished through our age-level missions organizations and hands-on missions opportunities.
WMU is a nonprofit organization headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, that offers a vast array of missions resources including curriculum for age-level organizations in churches, volunteer opportunities, conferences, leadership training, ministry ideas and models, books, and much more.
• Strengthen his/her understanding of the scope of corporate communications and public relations for a national, nonprofit organization and contribute to related objectives of the organization.
• Gain practical work experience in journalism, editing, and publicity by writing news and feature stories for media outlets and additional copy for web sites.
• Gain practical experience related to social media administration and analytics.
Responsibilities• Writing for the web, news writing, promotional copywriting
• Web design (graphics/layout)
• Web content management (practical experience producing and placing content)
• Implementing/evaluating social media strategies/campaigns
• Video production
• Editing/copy editing
Those with interest in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, and English will find this internship beneficial.
Preferred majors: Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, and English.
RequirementsMust be a junior or senior in college. All internships are unpaid in exchange for course credit. Proficient in Microsoft Word and high comfort level with Internet and social media preferred.
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word, Social Media, Internet
Preferred - WordPress, Drupal