Child Advocacy Communications Intern AssociateFirst Focus
Ohio Events Content Writing Intern - Mass Media CommunicationsPLAY Today Ohio
Ohio Health and Fitness Content Writing Intern - Mass Media CommunicationsPLAY Today Ohio
Ohio Arts Content Writing Intern - Mass Media CommunicationsPLAY Today Ohio
Ohio Food Content Writing Intern - Mass Media CommunicationsPLAY Today Ohio
Development Department- Academy of Music InternshipBookmark This
The Philadelphia Orchestra Association
One South Broad Street 14th Floor
DescriptionThe Philadelphia Orchestra Association is seeking a bright, motivated and outgoing person for an internship opportunity in our Development department, Academy of Music Restoration Fund Office. The POA values all of our interns and we will go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. Our interns should be ready and eager to learn new skills and bring with them maturity, discretion and flexibility.
The Philadelphia Orchestra has distinguished itself as one of the leading orchestras in the world through over a century of acclaimed performances, historic international tours, best-selling recordings, and its unprecedented record of innovation in recording technologies and outreach. Renowned for its distinctive sound, desired for its keen ability to capture the hearts and imaginations of audiences, and admired for an unrivaled legacy of “firsts” in music-making, The Philadelphia Orchestra remains one of the preeminent orchestras in the world.
ResponsibilitiesWhat you will learn:
• How to set up of donor solicitations and donor research.
• The basics of planning, management, and execution of fundraising and cultivation events.
• The basics of prospect research.
What you will do:
• Participate in social media efforts and building web presence for the Academy of Music.
• Assist with online fundraising opportunities.
• Assist with the preparation of donor acknowledgement letters, correspondence, proposals, reports, and other communications.
• Assist with Stewardship projects as needed.
• Prepare meeting materials.
• Assist with updating/changing donor records in Tessitura.
• Provide administrative support as needed—such as filing, scanning, etc.
RequirementsWhat we require:
1. Completion of a minimum of 2 to 3 years of college, pursuing a related BA/BS degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
2. Good communication skills, highly organized, detail-focused, and customer service oriented.
3. Ability to work with highly confidential information.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Internet research with a strong ability to learn and grasp new computer programs quickly.
5. Able to commit to approximately 24 hours per week of time with availability some evenings and weekends for concert and/or event duty.
Candidates should send their resume and cover letter and 2 writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to: The Philadelphia Orchestra Association; Attn: Human Resources; One South Broad Street, 14th Floor;
Philadelphia, PA 19107