Editorial InternBookmark This
274 Madison Ave
New York, NY
STACK is a multimedia company that provides credible and reliable information, tools and services to help active sports participants improve their athletic performance and their daily lives. Both online at STACK Media’s web properties (12-16 million monthly unique visitors) and in print in STACK Magazine (5.4 million readers), STACK delivers authoritative, actionable information on fitness and health; safe, effective, drug-free training; sports skills; motivation and sport psychology; nutrition; equipment and gear; and lifestyle and entertainment—all “for the athlete by the athlete.”
STACK is seeking editorial interns in the summer of 2014 (approximately June 2014-August 2014).
Duties as an Editorial intern include but are not limited to:
• Researching and fact-checking STACK staff- and expert-written articles
• Conceptualizing and pitching relevant story ideas based on research, experience and news events
• Identifying and contacting rising athletes (both professional and amateur) and experts to join the STACK community
• Assisting in content creation for and production of STACK Magazine
• Assisting in creating content for publication on stack.com and STACK’s other web properties
• Assisting in audience research and development
• Administrative duties as necessary
Work Hours: Core business hours are 9:30AM to 3:30PM. Interns will be expected to work at least 18 hours per week but no more than 40 hours per week unless otherwise approved by Management. If you are currently a student, STACK will work, within reason, to accommodate your academic schedule to avoid conflicts.
Compensation: This is a paid internship at a rate of $10/hour. We will also provide appropriate reimbursement for reasonable business-related expenses.