Graphic Design & Commercial Illustration InternBookmark This
350 7th Ave
New York, NY
Global Green USA is seeking a Graphic Design and Research intern to work in our New York office. The intern will support Global Green’s work with food waste and food packaging – as well as our Solar for Sandy initiative. With both projects we’ll be connecting on the ground pilots with their broader business, environmental and policy implications.
Coalition for Resource Recovery: CoRR (thecorr.org) is an industry working group dedicated to generating business value through turning waste into assets. The Coalition identifies and promotes effective food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and programs through conducting pilot programs in New York City and around the country. Interns will also support our Solar for Sandy project. Interns will also have the opportunity to support Global Green's work with its Solar for Sandy initiative for deploying grid-tied solar systems with emergency back-up. Interns will be given instruction in research and pilot methods, and have an opportunity to contribute original work.
• Interns will have the opportunity to learn about innovative food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and systems;
• Contribute graphic design to research reports. Collaborate with staff to illustrate and convey key messages.
• Research innovative policies
• Assist with on-the-ground pilots;
• Help research new technologies and waste diversion programs;
• Participate in teleconferences and summarizing meetings with industry on key issues;
• Assist with administrative tasks.
Requirements• Must have an interest in recycling, waste diversion, and/or related environmental issues.
• Must have strong writing and research skills.
• Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Must have a background in graphic design and/or commercial illustration.
• Master's degree students preferred.