Communications/Research/ AssistantThe Renegade Leader Coaching & Consulting Group
Progressive Media Strategy Firm Seeks PAID Interns for Spring and Summer 2015 SemestersWest End Strategy Team
Beauty & Fashion Blogger InternshipNoir Hair Co.
Social Media and Research InternFlash Global Logistics
Communications - Inside Politics InternshipBookmark This
Connecticut Ave, N.W.
DescriptionInside Politics Internship
Bill Schneider, Third Way’s Distinguished Senior Fellow & Resident Scholar, is looking for a smart, organized, enthusiastic political junkie to assist him for the Fall 2013 semester.
Bill Schneider was CNN’s senior political analyst from 1990 to 2009 and was a member of the CNN political team that was awarded an Emmy for its 2006 election coverage and a Peabody for its 2008 coverage. He is currently a regular contributor to the Al Jazeera English network, Reuters, and The Huffington Post. Bill has been labeled “the Aristotle of American politics” by The Boston Globe and Campaigns and Elections Magazine called him “the most consistently intelligent analyst on television.”
ResponsibilitiesInterns are an integral part of our team, and they work on a variety of tasks that are critical to our communications strategy, including:
• Research: Interns conduct research on a variety of topics and gather polling data for Bill’s regular columns and monthly Inside Politics Newsletter.
• Social Media: Interns develop content to advance Bill’s social media and networking presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr;
• Events & Booking: Interns assist Bill with scheduling his tv appearances and other speaking engagements, as well as plan and staff our monthly Inside Politics breakfasts for members of the elite DC press corps.
• Relationship Building: Interns maintain the Inside Politics distribution list and track Bill’s interactions with press using various customer relations management databases.
• Candidates must be a college graduate or graduate student with an interest in and knowledge of the intersection of public policy, national politics, and journalism.
• Research Skills: We’re looking for someone who is a whiz on the Internet—checking quotes, chasing down facts, digging up poll results and election returns, able to distinguish between reliable and unreliable sources.
• Administrative skills: Your duties include scheduling, and proofing essays and infographics, so attention to detail is a must;
• Ability to prioritize/handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and meet deadlines;
• Strong computer skills, with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience using NGPVAN is preferred but not required.
Please send resume, cover letter, writing sample and references to email@example.com