Editorial Writing and Social Media Internship Full Time VirtualThe Sejour Group
Communication InternProtection 1
Entry Level Communications and Public relations for marketing firmCandid Marketing Concepts
Community Relations InternCambridge Family and Children's Service
Magazine Club Program InternBookmark This
The Fishing School
4737 Meade Street, NE
DescriptionThe Fishing School (TFS) provides a safe haven, intervention and education for vulnerable children and youth in Wards 6 and 7 in the District of Columbia during after-school hours. Our programs and services are designed to strengthen academic achievement, deepen cultural and social values and develop leadership skills that will assist the youth in developing into independent, productive and contributing members of society.
The Fishing School (TFS) strives to provide youth with a well-rounded and enjoyable experience. Lead our Magazine Club by helping students explore the process of putting together their own student publication from start to finish. This person would help guide students’ writing projects and work with them to compile the projects into our annual magazine. This internship takes place at one of our four elementary school sites.
ResponsibilitiesWhat We Require:
• Progress toward a college degree with an emphasis in Communications, Journalism, or another related discipline.
• Proficiency in multiple computer programs.
• Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
• Creative and flexible with a desire to engage D.C. youth.
• Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written English. Please submit a relevant work sample to be considered.
• Interns should support the Mission, Values and Goals of The Fishing School. Our main priority is to prepare public school youth for middle school and beyond by building academic and life skills and by engaging them and their parents through intensive, multi-year programs and services.
RequirementsWhat You Will Learn:
• How TFS uses STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) initiatives to help prepare students for success.
• How to assist students in bringing their own ideas to fruition.
• How the greater community is coming together to propel the youth we serve into the future.