Marketing and Communications InternBookmark This
Susan G. Komen North Texas
6130 W. Parker Road
DescriptionAbout Susan G. Komen® and Komen North Texas
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen and launched the global breast cancer movement. Susan G. Komen North Texas is working to better the lives of those facing breast cancer in the local community. Through events like the Komen North Texas Plano Race for the Cure, Komen North Texas has invested $10 million in local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects in Collin, Cooke, Denton, Fannin, Grayson, Hunt, Montague and Wise Counties. Of the net proceeds Komen North Texas raises, 75 percent is invested in North Texas. The remaining 25 percent goes to the national Susan G. Komen Grants Program to fund scientific research. For more information, call 972-378-4808 or visit komennorthtexas.org.
Contributes to overall marketing and communications efforts of Susan G. Komen North Texas.
Responsibilities• Assist with external communications development in English and Spanish for the Affiliate
• Assist with internal communications projects
• Assist with Komen North Texas events (Race for the Cure, health fairs, 3rd party events, Ride for the Cure, etc.)
• Maintenance and upkeep of Affiliate social media as directed by staff
• Development of creative materials to be used for Affiliate functions
• Update contact information of media sponsors
• Upload communications calendar into Convio system
• Assist with input for Affiliate and Race eNewsletters
• Other basic office and administrative support of the Marketing and Communications Manager
• Other tasks as assigned by Komen North Texas staff
Requirements• Must be in pursuit of Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferably in business, marketing, communications, or sports administration) during the semester you wish to participate in the internship.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
• Must be competent in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word).
• Self-motivated, team player with the ability to meet deadlines, remain flexible, and adjust to changing priorities.
• Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
• Preferred previous work experience in office environment, but not required.
• Preferred interest in non-profit organizations.
• Preferred experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, or other graphic design tools.
• Strong personal interest in Komen’s mission.
• Must be able to commit to a semester.