Communications InternshipJoslin Diabetes Center
Social Media & Community Management InternAll Care Living Assistance Services
Development & Communications InternInstitute for Justice & Democracy in Haiti
Communications InternThe Hope Center at Pullen
Communications Internship – Fall 2014Indiana State Personnel Department
Marketing and Communications Intern Job DescriptionBookmark This
Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts
88 Warren Street
Founded in 1917, the Urban League of Eastern Massachusetts (ULEM) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, dedicated to building stronger communities by championing civil rights and helping people create a better long-term economic and social future. For 97 years, the ULEM has given hope to local residents in the form of education, job training and placement at no cost.
The ULEM seeks Marketing and Communications Interns to be part of a coordinated Development team raising funds and ULEM awareness while continuing to empower communities and change lives. Marketing and Communications Interns assist with implementing all aspects of ULEM’s marketing plans, including generating press releases, managing social media, promoting programs and events, and other tasks as assigned. This position provides a great opportunity for professional growth and will allow the right candidate to use a diverse range of skills and experience, while working as a key member of a collaborative team. Marketing and Communications Interns will report to the Director of Development and work closely with the entire staff.
• Writing for and maintaining ULEM's social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Website and Instagram;
• Draft, distribute, and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories;
• Designing fliers, graphics, e-vites and other marketing material for major events;
• Interviewing ULEM program participants for testimonials and success stories;
• Organize and attend monthly marketing committee meeting including preparing agenda and taking minutes;
• Community outreach to community organizations, general public and donors with the message about ULEM;
• Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications;
• Gain access to world renown marketing platforms like Hubspot with free access to trainings on developing Inbound Marketing skills; and
• Other related tasks, as necessary.
RequirementsAn ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment within an organization that is experiencing rapid change and growth, and will:
• Be responsible, flexible, hard-working, ethical, and committed to the mission of ULEM;
• Possess a high level of organizational skills and be detail-oriented;
• Possess strong proof-reading, editing and writing skills;
• Possess strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
• Possess the ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts;
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space;
• Be skilled at a variety of computer skills, e.g., Microsoft Word, Word Perfect Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat are mandatory;
• Be able to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.);
• Possess the ability to function either independently or as an active team member;
• Possess the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines;
• Manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity; and
• Possess an interest in a nonprofit career - particularly development and fundraising.