Nouveau Communications InternshipBookmark This
141 Countryside Court, Suite 100
DescriptionAt Nouveau, interns are an important part of the team. Whether you sign on for a summer internship or a semester during the academic year, you’ll be working on critical projects.
Nouveau Inc. is a U.S.-based consulting group specializing in many different industry sectors. We provide strategic policy, regulatory compliance, public relations, crisis management, technical expertise, project management, and litigation advice to our public and private sector clients.
During the 10 to 13-week period, interns are given the opportunity to grow in responsibility, teamwork, and development of interpersonal skills; key traits to a future successful career.
Responsibilities• Plan, research, write, edit, and design copy for press kits, news releases, and other external materials; including production and distribution of news releases and press kits
• Maintain all social media accounts with content
• Maintain an up-to-date media database for use by staff by initiating media contacts via mail, phone, email, or fax
• Monitor the media for industry news and organizing media clips
• Assist with organizing and staffing press events.
• Conduct research to create fact sheets and/or published articles
• Attend and participating in staff meetings
• Other administrative duties as needed
RequirementsDuring the program, interns will work under the supervision of the applicable experienced team member to carry out the duties of the internship.
We, at Nouveau, seek students with initiative, strong work ethic, and motivation to learn. Candidates must have excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively across a large number of diverse internal groups, teams and divisions. The student must also demonstrate ability to work efficiently, meet deadlines, and manage multidimensional projects in a fast-paced environment, as well as the ability to research and learn new concepts quickly to facilitate problem solving.
The candidate must be available for a minimum of 12 hours per week to participate in the internship program. A time commitment of at least 20 hours per week results in the most effective internship; however, needs may vary by department. Special cases may be considered.
E-mail submissions should include:
• Cover letter: At the top, indicate internship program desired, indicate your availability —days and hours. Provide names and contact information for three references.
• Attach three writing samples (in Word document, PDF or other MS-compatible format; no Web links)
Send submissions to Jill Donovan, Communications Director, at email@example.com