Social Media and Communications InternThe Community Foundation for Northern Virginia
Communications and Special Events InternshipChesapeake Bay Maritime Museum
Connecticut Democratic Party Communications & Research InternshipConnecticut Democratic Party
Editorial/Research Internship, Summer 2015Public Religion Research Institute
PR/ Marketing/ Communications InternJordan Mac Studios
PR and CommunicationsBookmark This
Urban Impact Lab
DescriptionUrban Impact Lab is a local civic innovation team that takes a multidisciplinary approach to developing creative strategies and solutions for urban problems. In short, Urban Impact lab helps connect people and place.
Looking for some media communications, writing, and social media help for several civic/social innovation projects in the Miami area.
Responsibilities-Help maintain, build traffic, and monitor the organization’s other blogs, ensuring quality and seeking cross-posting opportunities.
- Maintain and build-up Facebook pages, boosting the number of followers and engaging followers regularly.
Keep up to date on online trends and topics
Requirements- Good ability to follow directions and be self-directed.
- Creative, technical and PR writing, including press releases, media materials, key messaging, blog posts, newsletters and more
- Assist in cultivating Media relations by creating and maintaining media lists; track media coverage and create media coverage reports
- PR and social media content development: identify news and other story angles; writing on related topics for newsletter, updating of calendars and other social media efforts
- Building up of followers and assist with daily maintenance of social media pages, including Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube and etc.
- Help to maintain brand consistency.
- Assist in social media monitoring and reporting: use third-party software and manual methods to monitor social media conversations on a variety of channels; including using third-party social media monitoring software to do so.
- Assist with special events
- Video and podcasting skills a plus
- Good communications skills