Public Relations InternBookmark This
DescriptionRe’markable Transitions, a social services boutique in Philadelphia, seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist with the organization’s Public Relations efforts. The Public Relations Intern will the marketing team in communicating externally about Re’markable Transitions and its programs and workshops.
Responsibilities• Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar - including articles for the RT’s blog and newsletter
• Edit and proof other team members' work as needed
• Update media lists and maintain a clipbook for news articles
• Help with the writing and distribution of media alerts and news releases
• Taking photos or video at events for use on website, social media channels and other communication channels
• Assist with management of social media channels
• Assist with event planning as needed
Requirements• Candidates must have some classroom or practical experience in media relations, public relations or journalism, as well as proven writing and verbal communications skills applicable specifically for public relations.
• Extraordinary writing and editing skills
• A high level of curiosity and willingness to ask questions
• Fabulous research skills
• Knowledge of social media networks and the “rules” of usage
• The ability to quickly understand and adopt tools for Web communications
• Some knowledge and experience with Wordpress is a plus
• A desire to know or experience nonprofit organizations
• An interest in social activism, advocacy, online organizing
• The ability to work semi-independently and learn quickly
• Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
• Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations, Business)
• Minimum of 2-3 days or 15-25 hours a week (flexible schedule to accommodate class / additional positions)
• Position is available to start ASAP and we ask interns to commit for a minimum of 3 months.
• Potential for Employment after Internship ends