Summer 2014 Peacemaker Internship - CommunicationsBookmark This
Massachusetts Peace Action
11 Garden St
DescriptionMassachusetts Peace Action is seeking students, recent graduates, or young activists who can commit 10+ hours per week for at least 10 weeks between May and August. The internship is unpaid, but a stipend of $300 will be paid on completion. Start and end dates are flexible but the student should be able to work at least 10 weeks during the term. Our office is located in Harvard Square, Cambridge.
Massachusetts Peace Action is a statewide membership organization working to develop the sustained political power to foster a more just and peaceful U.S. foreign policy. Through grassroots organizing, policy advocacy, and community education, our priority issues for 2014 are: promote reductions in the military budget to fund programs that address jobs, the environment and human needs; end the war in Afghanistan and prevent one with Iran; and abolish nuclear weapons.
The Communications intern will edit an
Responsibilities• Post regularly to Facebook, Twitter and web site about Peace Action’s projects, issues and ideas. Write e-alerts and keep web content updated. Photograph events and produce videos.
• Edit an issue of the newsletter during your term
• Write or edit news releases or articles about Peace Action projects
• Scan mainstream media coverage of our issues and prepare frequent summaries
• Contact mainstream media outlets to cover events and/or run our articles and releases
RequirementsYou must demonstrate:
• Your understanding of the global and domestic effects of U.S. militarism
• Your commitment to grassroots organizing for progressive social change
• Strong writing, analytical and interpersonal skills
• That you are a self-starter
• Desire to work as part of a small team in a grassroots setting