Social Media InternLittle Italy's Loading Dock
Communications InternUnited Technology
Communications and Social Impact Fellow (Peru)Nisolo
Looking for Rockstar Literary Public Relations Intern!Riverdale Avenue Books
Blog and Social Media Executive InternThe Samantha Show
Marketing/Public Relations InternshipNCJW/Essex
Community Ambassador (Virtual/Remote)New Photo Sharing App
Summer Communications InternToxics Action Center
COMMUNICATION INTERNSHIPBookmark This
Salty Southeast Cruisers NET LLC
Posted: May 03 2015
Company Location: Elon College, NC
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSalty Southeast Cruisers’ Net (CruisersNet.net) is offering a real world experience for a summer communication / journalism intern. This is a great opportunity for a communications / journalism student seeking to build their portfolio.
We publish articles about boat cruising the coastal waters of the southeastern USA and are a small virtual company with partners located throughout the eastern U.S. Duration is flexible but must commit to 15-20 hours per week for a minimum of two months. The position is unpaid. You will work out of your own location since we are a virtual company and will need to provide your own computer and internet connection.
ResponsibilitiesBecause content is such a significant pillar of our marketing strategy and this internship is focused on writing, you will have an excellent opportunity to discover the inner workings of all aspects of our business:
• How we use content to drive traffic.
• How the online publishing process works.
• Introduction to the technology, systems, platforms and tools used to run an online business.
You will also experience and be exposed to a highly diverse variety of writing and content components:
• Article research, writing and editing
- One particular area of research focus will be Cuba
• Identify, manage and maintain an active presence through regular communications including:
- Weekly and monthly update emails to our users and sponsors
- Social media postings, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
• Working with news aggregators such as Google News
• Press release conception, writing and editing
• Developing media contact lists
Requirements• Strong writing and editing skills, prior experience with copyediting and proofreading
• Excellent computer skills
• Creative and exceptional research skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Proficiency with social media on multiple platforms