Partnership Development & Engagement InternSan Francisco Chamber of Commerce
Communications InternAllegis Group
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)AliveMind
Customer service RepJuanvardcompany
Marketing and Public Relations Internship with Dignity HealthDignity Health, Arizona Service Area
2016 - 2017 Winter Social Media InternshipThe Advance Group
Media/Public Relations InternFaith in Public Life
Digital Marketing InternCrane Renovation Group
COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT INTERNBookmark This
405 Shawmut Avenue
Posted: February 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEstablished in 1968, IBA - Inquilinos Boricuas en Acción empowers individuals through education, workforce development, and arts programs and creates vibrant affordable housing communities.
The Institutional Advancement and Communications Department is recruiting a creative, multi-task, committed, and self-starting individual with strong inter-personal and organizing skills, to be Marketing & Events Assistant Intern.
• Prepares mailings, returns phone calls, and organizes Marketing & Events files such as print materials, traditional marketing exposure, digital marketing materials and Event Planning.
• Research Marketing, Media and Events
• Creates revision of Marketing Plan
• Assists in IBA’s web presence of IBA’s Marketing Strategies.
• Helps document and gather success stories throughout our programs
• Supports with the everyday projects assigned by the Marketing & Events Manager.
• Maintains Media contacts spreadsheet.
• Updates IBA’s mailing list.
• Assists with event planning (concerts, Villa Victoria Center for the Arts rental opportunities, LA GALERÍA exhibits, IBA’s general events, performances and programming).
• Prepares press releases and other media coordination.
GRAPHIC DESIGN AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
• Conducts outreach including posting fliers, e-mail blasts, and direct mailing, as well as research on ways to further IBA’s visibility.
• Designs graphic materials for programs and administration
• Coordinates with Digital Media Content person to gather all information that will be used in Social Media, Blog and website.
• Maintains IBA’s website calendar, announcements, among other requests.
Requirements• The qualified applicant will have full or partial experience in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or related field
• Knowledge of or significant interest in Latino cultures a must
• Candidate must be capable of creative, persuasive, and passionate written and oral communication, and have strong working knowledge of the Internet, Microsoft Office and preferable in Adobe and Word Press.
• Organized and leadership kills, and outstanding listening skills.
• Must be able to function effectively and meet deadlines in a multi- task and fast paced environment, with an ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse multi-cultural population.
• Bilingual Preferred (English & Spanish); but not a requirement.