Digital Media Pre-Production InternNatcom Global
Business / Communications Intern (Spring Semester)Tech Elevator
Event Planning InternshipBowen & Company
Communications InternArizona beverage company
Destination Wedding Start Up seeking Content Management InternsTravel Zap Inc.
Communications and Design - Spring 2017The Lupus Foundation of America- DC/MD/VA Chapter
Communications & PR - Paid Full or Part TimeA&A Marketing Group
Business ManagementAdvantage Concepts Inc.
Communications InternBookmark This
Breathe California of the Bay Area
1469 Park Ave.
San Jose, CA
Posted: April 06 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Join our local health agency as we fight lung disease in all its forms and work with our communities to protect lung health. As part of the agency’s efforts to promote community health, we are currently looking for a Communications Intern to assist the Director of Development in executing the agency’s strategic public relations plan and building awareness of Breathe California’s mission, projects and core issue areas.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist with the development and implementation of a public relations strategy for the agency and its environmental health, asthma, tobacco control and lung disease programs.
• Design, edit, and write monthly newsletters, brochures and other information/promotional materials for our various programs and issues.
• Help create website content and e-communications.
• Assist in the creation of media materials, including press releases, media advisories, public service announcements, key messages and fact sheets, etc.
• Perform media relations duties, including compiling media lists, pitching story ideas, interacting with local media representatives and tracking issue/event coverage.
• Conduct community outreach to increase visibility of our organization and further our mission; attend health fairs, respond to information requests, assist in the development of potential partnerships with other agencies and organizations.
• Research and develop external avenues to promote and publicize events/programs.
• Interest in the public relations, communications and/or journalism fields.
• Responsible and dedicated with a desire to serve the community.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Outgoing and flexible with a willingness to work under deadlines.
• Must be a non-smoker.
• Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student.
• Gain real-world knowledge of the non-profit and health services sector.
• A hands-on learning experience in public relations and communications.
• Being part of a grassroots effort to make a difference in the community.
Hours: 10 – 20 hours weekly.
The internship is unpaid. School credit is available
Contact: Lynn Smith
Director of Office Administration
1469 Park Ave
San Jose, CA 95126
Phone: (408) 998-5865
Fax: (408) 998-0578