Communications InternNew Pathway
Call Center Sales RepresentativesIntuit Inc
Summer Student Services Intern (Full or Part-time)Vandelay Education
CALLING ALL GIRL BOSSES! E-Commerce Start-Up! Happy Hours. Work from Home. Dog Friendly Work Space!Glass Ladder& Co.
PR Intern NeededCordelia Donovan Inc.
Editor for Travel Section for New Online MagazineThe Juliet
CD / DVD / Video / Audio Duplication & Transfer ... Summer InternshipDuplication Media
Social Media Intern for Christian Ministry OrganizationGrace In Season
Communications InternBookmark This
National Association for Children of Alcoholics
10920 Connecticut Avenue, #100
Posted: July 09 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe National Association for Children of Alcoholics (NACoA) is seeking highly motivated college interns to work with the day-to-day execution of communications and social media responsibilities, and additionally how it relates to development efforts for a small national nonprofit. This opportunity involves assisting with external and internal communication efforts, advocacy and development activities. Interns will assist in executing organizational social media strategy, communication product development and facilitating fundraising campaigns.
The National Association for Children of Alcoholics – Voice for the Children - believes no child of an alcohol or drug dependent parent should grow up locked in fear, silence, or isolation. Our mission is to eliminate the adverse impact of alcohol and drug use on children and families.
NACoA, a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) membership & international affiliate organization, carries out its mission in four critical ways:
• Raising public awareness.
• Providing leadership in public policy at the national, state, and local levels.
• Advocating for appropriate, effective and accessible education and prevention services.
• Advancing professional knowledge and understanding.
Responsibilities• Research and expand an online database: membership, affiliates, media, donors
• Contribute to the social media calendar and posting on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram.
• Contribute to management of blog calendar and updates to WordPress website
• Draft media advisories, pitch letters, and news releases
• Create advocacy infographics
• Help facilitate fundraising campaigns
Requirements• Excellent writing, editing and verbal skills
• Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, WordPress)
• Strong research and administrative skills
• Outgoing personality and good communication skills
• Motivated to work independently
• Experience with Facebook, Twitter, &/or Wordpress
• Previous independent fundraising experience helpful
SkillsRequired - Social Media Communications, Proficient in Microsoft Office, Research Experience
Preferred - Fundraising, WordPress, Work Ethic, Grassroots Advocacy