Student Brand Ambassador - Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Community Ambassador - Startup Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Communications/Journalism/Writing Majors (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Science Communications Internship (Paid Internship)Research!America
Video Production Summer InternshipWake Forest Baptist Health
Digital programmer InternWake Forest Baptist Health
Outreach Assistant (Paid 9 month internship)Union of Concerned Scientists
Digital Media Pre-Production InternNatcom Global
Communications InternBookmark This
Tandem Light Press
Posted: February 17 2015
Company Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTandem Light Press seeks a Communications Intern who is excited to apply their academic knowledge to real-world writing, media relations, product distribution, marketing and promotions scenarios. Duties may include writing and developing promotional material by engaging in the following activities: press release writing, developing and maintaining a blog, updating website copy, coordinating specialty publications, managing public relations archives and photo resources, preparing media kits, assisting with special events and promotions, assisting with social media outreach efforts, collecting research, and assisting with Tandem Light Press’ overall marketing and public relations campaigns.
The position is considered an unpaid internship and requires 10-15 hours a week (depending on role assigned). This position is educational in nature, and the intern will be provided with all tools and training necessary to complete job requirements. While the majority of the position duties will be completed virtually, some events may provide opportunities to work on site in the metro Atlanta, Georgia area if the intern is local.
• Gaining valuable work experience
• Having a competitive edge over other applicants in the job market
• Networking Opportunities
• Tandem Light Press is a growing company, this could potentially turn into a permanent position
• Gives an opportunity for you to apply your classroom/ professional experience
• Gaining confidence and sharpening your skills by having the ability to learn new technologies and computer programs
• Weekday hours are flexible
• Some weekends and nights, depending on role assigned
• Expected to attend a team meeting once weekly (which occur via phone or in person)
• Length and time period of internship will depend on each intern’s individual goals, with internships available for anywhere from one month to a year.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.