WriterCRM Enterprises LLC
Social Media CoordinatorCRM Enterprises LLC
Communications InternEmpire Comfort Systems Inc.
Finance and AccountingSpacelabs
Communications Intern - Summer 2017Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
Hiring Immediately- Customer Service RepReyes Agency
Social Media InternThe Claire Life Mini Mag
Public Relations/Media InternshipHRW Music Group, LLC
Communications InternBookmark This
American Immigration Lawyers Association
1331 G Street, NW
Posted: August 11 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
(10-20 hours per week)
We are -
Headquartered in downtown, Washington, DC, the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) is a nationally recognized and respected organization with over 14,000 attorney members who practice and teach immigration law. AILA's mission is to promote justice, advocate for fair and reasonable immigration law and policy, advance the quality of immigration and nationality law and practice, and enhance the professional development of its members.
The Communications and Outreach Department is charged with promoting the mission of the association and expertise of the 14,000 plus member attorneys to media and the general public. The department staff works strategically to identify and prepare media spokespeople on key immigration issues of national interest. Staff also develops effective outreach materials for various media markets, assists members in reaching out to local media, and provides members with substantive and rhetorical tools for use in public presentations to multiple audiences and constituencies.
Your role -
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting with projects such as the following:
• Support efforts to increase awareness of, and commitment to, our mission by assisting in the creation of traditional and digital media relations strategies and tracking their results; creating social media collateral; tracking media; and creating media reports;
• Conduct issue-related research, including identifying and compiling pertinent immigration news stories and potential opportunities for opinion pieces;
• Assist in the production of videos, including scripts, interviews, and editing
Your background -
• Interest in, and familiarity with, strategic communications, traditional media strategies, digital media (including blogs, Twitter, Facebook, etc.), and/or public relations;
• Excellent oral and written communications skills;
• A strong critical thinker who is self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively;
• Excellent organizational and follow-through skills and attention to detail; and
• Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Knowledge of social media tracking platforms and Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro a plus.
Our workplace -
We offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment. AILA received recognition as a 50 Best Places to Work by Washingtonian Magazine, and one of the Principal 10 Best for Employee Financial Security. Our diverse membership is comprised of knowledgeable, compassionate, and dedicated professionals who constantly work to navigate the complex practice of immigration law.
To apply -
Qualified applicants should submit cover letter and resume. Please include in your cover letter any information related to your interest in this internship not reflected in your resume.