Communications/Journalism/Writing Majors (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Full Time Internship - Hands-On Training ProvidedLakeview Consultants
TV Station General ManagerStrategic Business Institute
WI STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITYCouncilman Kenyatta Johnson
Community Ambassador - Startup Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Brand Strategy InternshipElemental Path / CogniToys
Communications InternBookmark This
Northeast Charter Schools Network
90 State Street, Suite 1030
Posted: May 18 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Northeast Charter Schools Network is a regional membership organization for the more than 250 charter schools in New York and Connecticut. Its mission is to support and expand high quality charter schools in the region. We are looking for an intern for the fall of 2016. You will gain valuable experience working in communications for a legislative advocacy organization based in Albany.
ResponsibilitiesIn this role you will:
• Assist in coordinating NECSN’s Twitter and Facebook channels, including scheduling posts and helping to plan and manage ad campaigns.
• Help write and manage website/blog content.
• Assist in updating and managing NECSN’s listserv of over 250 charter schools in New York and Connecticut, as well as other constituents.
• Assist in drafting and sending email blasts to said listserv.
• Help in the filming and editing of videos.
• Assist in the writing and research of communications and policy projects.
• Commit 15 hours per week
RequirementsThe ideal candidate will:
• Be detail-oriented
• Be comfortable speaking with new people
• Have great written and oral communication skills
• Have experience managing social media accounts
• Have basic experience in shooting and editing video
• Be passionate about issues advocacy, education, communications
• Have a sense of humor
• Be able to work independently and meet deadlines