Communications InternArizona Beverage Company
Communications and Marketing Summer InternshipWacif
Graphic Design InternGetClarity Fintech
Customer Experience InternPaySimple
iPhone App Community Ambassador (Virtual/Remote - 15 min/Day)New Photo Sharing App
Featured iPhone Photographer (Virtual/Remote - 10 min/Day)New Photo Sharing App
Social Media InternshipAbbyBella Couture
ONLINE COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (UNPAID)CASA of Middlesex County
Health Communications InternBookmark This
451 Hungerford Drive
Posted: April 13 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Us and the Internship Program
Links Media, LLC is a management consulting company based in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area, specializing in ICT marketing communications. We provide advanced management consultation services to governments and private sector clients in the areas of health, environment, science and technology, biotechnology, governance, human rights, economic prosperity, conflict resolution, education, public engagement, risk and crisis management, and social entrepreneurship.
For its internship program, Links Media looks for students with a broad range of majors, such as business or public administration, social work, economics, information management and technology, journalism, graphic design, public health, and the biological, physical and engineering sciences, as well as those majors more traditionally identified with international development affairs.
Objectives of the Student Internship Program
• To provide a learning experience to college students seeking to enhance and improve ICT marketing communications skills specific to mobile, web, social media, and graphics development and promotion
• To encourage students to consider careers in ICT marketing communications
• To provide students with valuable work experience in a private management consulting company.
Overview of the Internship
Internships are excellent preparation for future careers in ICT marketing communications and Links Media’s focus areas of health, environment, science and technology, biotechnology, governance, human rights, economic prosperity, conflict resolution, education, public engagement, risk and crisis management, and social entrepreneurship.
Intern duties and responsibilities may vary according to their assignment. For instance, interns may write reports, assist with market research, assist with capacity building activities, or organize conferences and meetings. Others may research issues, write news and technical stories, work on producing broadcast and digital products, web pages or help produce electronic journals. Interns with scientific and technical backgrounds might work with issues such as infectious diseases. Interns interested in management may use their expertise working on projects involving budgets, human resources, information systems, or general logistical support.
An internship with Links Media is a great experience and practical step to making it in the real world. Interns will gain exceptional knowledge and work experiences from Links Media’s professional team. Through company events, meetings, and brown bag lunches in the Washington Metropolitan Area, interns will also have an opportunity to network with Links Media’s corporate partners.
Links Media’s Provisions
• Links Media will instruct, train, mentor and coach students to help them 1) get valuable practical work experience, 2) enhance their technical skills, 3) build their resume content, and 4) get professional references and a lett
ResponsibilitiesBased at Links Media offices in Rockville, Maryland, USA, the Communications Intern will support the development of communications products for projects based in the U.S. and abroad. The Communications Intern will develop written materials that describe and promote projects to a wide array of target audiences, including policy makers, the scientific community, the media, and the general public. He/she will conduct research and gather information to create factual and concise communications materials, and will report to a Project Manager of Communication Programs.
• Draft supporting documents and materials for a multi-year, multi-country project for malaria control and prevention (e.g. presentation templates, project synopses, and tips for communication success).
• Harness social media platforms (including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and others) to help drive traffic to and reinforce the use of the project website.
• Develop and cultivate a grassroots community of supporters on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube that can be mobilized to share information and participate in calls-to-action, with the goal of expanding the size of audience reached with messages about sustaining malaria control and prevention efforts in the Americas.
• Employ Google Analytics to measure and analyze the effectiveness of integrated online engagement strategies, including the impact on the project website.
• Prepare meeting minutes for communication strategy development sessions and other planning meetings.
• Create and edit a multilingual glossary of communications terminology to be disseminated via the Amazon Malaria Initiative.
• Liaise with graphic designer on product design and layout.
• Ensure that partner materials, such as images and graphics produced for external audiences, follow Links Media style guide and include proper citation of sources.
• Update electronic database of malaria-related journals and project archives to support communication and dissemination activities and knowledge management (KM) efforts.
• Monitor electronic media to track mentions of Amazon Malaria Initiative.
• Maintain domestic and international media contact lists.
• Conduct research and writing for special projects.
• Devise and implement new feature(s) or section(s) of the USAIDAMI.org website.
• Proof-read and edit translations on an ad hoc basis (e.g. contribute to the development of a glossary of communications terminology for use throughout Latin America, review multi-lingual display boards).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Approximately 4 months. Interns usually serve for one semester during the academic year; they are expected to intern approximately 12-20 hours per week.
Interns get academic credit. Prior written agreement obtained from their academic institution must be secured.
RequirementsEligibility Requirements for the Internship
• United States of America citizenship or valid student visa.
• Interns must be college or university students entering, or in, their junior or senior undergraduate years or graduate students.
• Interns must be in good academic standing in an accredited institution and able to provide proof of standing.
In accordance with the Federal Equal Opportunity Recruitment Program, Links Media encourages women and minority students to apply for these positions.
In addition to meeting the eligibility requirements listed above, Links Media will give preference to Communications Intern candidates who demonstrate the following attributes:
• Active listening and critical thinking skills
• Strong verbal and visual communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of, or experience using, social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn for organizational outreach
• Willingness to learn new communication tools and techniques
• Proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese (preferred)