Communications InternUnited Technology
FULL TIME - Hands-On Internship - Training ProvidedLakeview Consultants
Chronicle NYU AmbassadorOne Chronicle, Inc.
2017 Summer Communications InternVenture Outdoors
Communications & Marketing Intern: SUMMER 2017Madison House Autism Foundation
Office Management Intern: SUMMER 2017Madison House Autism Foundation
Interns wanted at film company - Must be in college - Communication majors welcomedPES
Web Copywriting InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Communications InternBookmark This
1850 York Road, Suite D
Posted: June 17 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Alzheimer’s Association is the world’s leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research, with the mission to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Greater Maryland Chapter, located in Timonium, MD, seeks a highly motivated intern to assist with marketing-related tasks with the goal of increasing public awareness for the chapter, events, programs and services. Fields of study that apply to this internship include marketing, communications, public relations and media studies.
Course credit is offered, this is a non-paying position. Flexible schedule within 9-5 office hours.
Responsibilities• Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
• Collaborate on ideas for social media and e-mail marketing posts
• Coordinate with news media, as assigned, in the development of news stories
• Assist with updating and creating event-related materials
• Maintain up-to-date records on media impressions and media contacts
Requirements• Experienced with social media marketing on platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook and Twitter
• Highly proficient in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher), experienced in Adobe Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) and able to quickly learn additional programs, as necessary (Constant Contact, RedDot CMS, etc.)
• Excellent and creative written and oral communication skills
• Incredible attention to detail, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, but enjoy the collaborative opportunities that exist within a team environment
• Preferred: Experience with visual forms of communication (including graphics) to result in improved audience interactions
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Word, Social Media, Creative Problem Solving, Oral & Written Communication Skills, Grammar, Google Apps
Preferred - Adobe Photoshop, Constant Contact, Adobe InDesign, AP style writing