PAID Communications InternshipGIE Dental Lab
Student Brand Ambassador - Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Communications/Journalism/Writing Majors (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Social Media InternStartup
Interns wanted - Must be able to receive college credit - Communication majors welcomedReal Estate
Communications and Marketing InternDowntownDC Business Improvement District
Marketing and Communications InternVisit Bucks County
Communications InternBookmark This
Move to Amend
Posted: October 10 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMove to Amend is the the national campaign to Abolish Corporate Personhood and Defend Democracy. We are mobilizing a movement to amend the US Constitution to establish that corporations are not people and that financial contributions to political campaigns are not free speech.
We are seeking bright, energetic folks to join our team as interns this spring and fall. Interns can either work out of the new office space in Sacramento, CA, or telecommute from anywhere in the United States.
Move to Amend is seeking a communications intern to assist with a range of communications projects. You will engage in activities including generating media coverage, sending email alerts to activists, responding to inquiries, writing persuasive blog posts and op-eds, participating in online social networks, and developing communications and campaign strategies.
- On-site internship: Up to $500 travel reimbursement to get to Sacramento. Also includes room & board in Sacramento, CA + $50/month for incidentals.
- Telecommute internship: $300/month stipend to cover internship costs and supplies. Must have computer, phone and high speed internet access.
Hours: Part time, 25-35 hours per week for on-site interns, open to less hours for the right person (telecommute option only).
Location: Sacramento, CA OR Telecommute
HOW TO APPLY:
For information on the application process, please visit http://movetoamend.org/internships and follow the instructions under the subsection titled "Application Process". DO NOT SIMPLY CLICK "APPLY" THROUGH THE INTERNSHIPS.COM INTERFACE BELOW. INCORRECTLY SUBMITTED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Thank you!
Responsibilities- Quickly learn about the issues on which we work and the positions we take on them, as well as the range of communications tactics we employ.
- Draft and edit a wide variety of written content, including e-action alerts, fact sheets, news releases, blog posts, web page text, op-eds, letters to newspaper editors, memoranda, and magazine articles.
- Build and update media contact lists and pitch stories to reporters.
- Track media coverage.
- Use our online advocacy and email software, as well as our website content management system and our media contact database.
- Support Move to Amend barnstorming tours, including outreach, logistics and creating materials.
- Produce content for Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites.
- Produce multimedia content, including videos and photos.
- Attend, facilitate, and help with logistics for various events and meetings.
- Review incoming communications. Direct requests to the appropriate parties. Respond to public inquiries as required.
- Assist in the graphic design of print or Web-based material
- Research prospective media or speaking opportunities.
- Conduct research.
- Perform other functions as needed.
Requirements- Be a superb writer who communicates in a precise, concise, accessible and persuasive manner (will be asked to submit writing samples).
- Have strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Web applications, Google Docs, experience with Adobe design software a plus).
- Work hard and stay on task.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Excel whether working individually or in teams.
- Work well with people - strong interpersonal skills.
- Take responsibility for assignments and meet deadlines.
- Flourish in an environment that is highly transparent and collaborative.
- Possesses political savvy, and be knowledgeable about and interested in politics, policy, advocacy, and social movements.
- Consume various types of media and be familiar with current events.
- Work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a strong passion for Move to Amend and the issues we address
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in a similar position
- Working knowledge of Drupal, Basecamp, Nationbuilder, Salsa, and Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign
- An operating vehicle