Summer Communications InternToxics Action Center
Communications & PR - Full or Part TimeA&A Marketing Group
Communications Internshipe-470 Public Highway Authority
Communication Internship Part Time/ PaidGlobal Traveler
Photography/Social Media/Marketing InternOne Chronicle, Inc.
Communications InternUnited Technology
FULL TIME - Hands-On Internship - Training ProvidedLakeview Consultants
Chronicle NYU AmbassadorOne Chronicle, Inc.
Communications InternBookmark This
American Joint Replacement Registry
9400 W HIggins
Posted: August 19 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnder the guidance of the department’s Director, and working closely with the Marketing and Communications Specialist; the Communications Intern will assist in creation, implementation, and distribution of public relations, digital, and social media activities. The PR Intern will ensure consistency of messages while integrating value propositions across all communication channels, with high emphasis on the AJRR website which is currently being redesigned.
Requires a strong communications background, understanding of public relations, a high degree of accuracy, the ability to multi-task and prioritize, strong writer/editor, and the ability to work independently and as part of a Marketing Communications team.
• Media monitoring and watching the external landscape; alerting Director and Senior staff of articles so they can determine action
• Reading/responding to blogs, articles, and studies (as directed)
• Coordinating media pitches
• Maintain monthly media monitoring reports for leadership and board members
• Update Publications of Interest list and other resource articles
• Working with Director, to ensure letters are written, approved, and posted in a timely fashion
• Coordinate production schedule of sister publications and ensure that deadlines are met
• Assist with collecting of content, editing, and formatting to populate new website
• Gather over 500 hospital bios, photos, and links for new site by searching on websites and/or contacting hospitals directly
• Work with Director, Specialist, and Web team to research and gather information, graphics, and links as directed
• Gather other relevant content from its content source; including Advocacy and Public Affairs, and Analytics
• Help with promotion of launch of website (July 1)
• As directed by Director, post content to social media sites
• Monitor what is being said on key sites related to registry, healthcare, and orthopaedics
• Assistance on board materials when needed
• Assist with Tradeshow/Annual Meeting participation – exhibit promotions, press coverage, handouts
• Assists with communications metric reporting and analysis and make refinements to existing tactics
• Performs all other job related duties as required or assigned
RequirementsRequired Education: Working towards an undergraduate (or graduate) degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or marketing. Junior or Senior year preferred.
Strong interest in the health care profession.
• Strong writing, proofreading, and editorial skills
• Capable to perform multiple projects simultaneously
• Creative thinker; able to take complicated subjects and convert to actionable outcomes
• Proficient with Microsoft products, e-mail distribution software Constant Contact preferred
• Proficient with layout software applications; Adobe Suite preferred
• Technology savvy, keeps abreast of social media platforms and understands user personas
• Adhere to Style Guide branding and formatting rules and help with enforcement within organization
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office
Preferred - CRM, CSS, Constant Contact, Adobe InDesign