Communications and Strategy InternAgora Partnerships
Social Media InternProfiles, Inc.
Public Relations/Communications InternProfiles, Inc.
Recruiting & Hiring internBenjamin Apartments LLC
Summer 2017 YES Network Communications InternshipYES Network
Social Media & Community Management InternAllegis Group
Communications & PR - Paid Full or Part TimeA&A Marketing Group
Partnership Development & Engagement InternSan Francisco Chamber of Commerce
Communications InternshipBookmark This
Community Renewal Society
111 W Jackson
Posted: April 22 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionABOUT COMMUNITY RENEWAL SOCIETY
Community Renewal Society (CRS) empowers people to build just communities by working to eradicate racism and poverty. It does so by informing, organizing, training, and encouraging individuals and communities in sustained and strategic efforts to change systems. CRS carries out this mission through community organizing, legislative advocacy, and its two well-known publications - The Chicago Reporter and Catalyst Chicago.
A just community where race and class no longer limit each person’s full participation in all aspects of society
The intern will produce communications material relating to the issues of CRS that will be used in email, print, our website and social media channels. The Intern will also contribute to our organization’s social media strategy.
This internship will allow the intern to gain insight & experience into the marketing and communications process for non-profit organizations.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will assist the communications department with a variety of projects, potentially including:
• Producing written material about social justice issues featuring individuals talking about their struggles and victories in fighting to overcome racial, economic and social injustice
• Help to enhance CRS's PR and digital media capabilities by: drafting social content, blog entries, press releases, e-mail blasts and Web site copy
• Provide creative ideas and plans to support overall public relations, digital media and marketing efforts
• Updating social media sites with content from CRS
• Developing social media strategy to connect with audience in meaningful way
• Become familiar with Community Renewal Society’s programs, to identify PR opportunities independently
• Research opportunities to join relevant conversations in social media
• Become familiar with Community Renewal Society’s programs, to identify PR opportunities and social media trends
• Assisting with creating event invitations, brochures, additional marketing collateral
In addition to the communications intern’s specific responsibilities, this person will:
• Participate in development staff meetings, when possible.
• Participate in regular staff meetings and events, when possible.
• Perform other tasks as requested.
Requirements• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, the ability to work independently as well as with a team, extremely detail oriented with precise results
• Experience or interest in working on issues of race and poverty in a nonprofit setting and knowledge of these issues is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite and social media.