Communications InternUnited Technology
FULL TIME - Hands-On Internship - Training ProvidedLakeview Consultants
Chronicle NYU AmbassadorOne Chronicle, Inc.
2017 Summer Communications InternVenture Outdoors
Communications & Marketing Intern: SUMMER 2017Madison House Autism Foundation
Office Management Intern: SUMMER 2017Madison House Autism Foundation
Interns wanted at film company - Must be in college - Communication majors welcomedPES
Web Copywriting InternshipJulie Braun Co.
Communications & Marketing InternBookmark This
Boys & Girls Harbor, Inc.
1 East 104 street
New York, NY
Posted: July 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Communications & Marketing Intern will assist with communications efforts of Boys & Girls Harbor, Inc. Dependent upon the internship duration, the intern will assist in various projects and events for any and/or all of the Harbor initiatives and the Communications and Development departments. The intern will have the opportunity to help design their work plan based on the outcomes they hope to achieve from this position.
ResponsibilitiesCommunications & Public Relations
• Manage and increase presence in social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other community sites, posting on relevant blogs.
• Work to ensure that the strategic direction and message is executed consistently and properly in the social media sphere.
• Create and manage media lists and assist with special events.
• Provide day-to-day support to the Communications team
• Perform other related tasks as assigned
Requirements• Working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field: Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or English majors
• Self-starter; able to work well without constant direction
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Excel required. Proficiency in Adobe, Publisher and
Photoshop highly desired.
• Knowledgeable of available resources/tools in the social media space
• Knowledge of marketing and promotional strategies
• Enthusiasm for the mission of Boys & Girls Harbor, Inc.
Skills to be developed:
• Enhance written and oral communication skills
• Learn about practical marketing strategies
• Build a communications and marketing portfolio
• The opportunity to custom-design your own internship to meet your individual academic and career
• Flexible hours where, with appropriate notice, the supervisor will work to schedule hours around exams and other deadlines
• The opportunity to interact with other professionals in the government, academic and nonprofit sectors
Time Commitment: Approximately 10 to 15 hours a week throughout the semester. This can be flexible based on the student’s commitment/availability
Compensation: Unpaid Internship – will work with student to obtain credit
Starting Date: Position open until filled, require 3 – 6 month commitment