Internship in Scientific Editing, Revising, and WritingClarity Manuscript Consultants, LLC
Student Brand Ambassador - Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Community Ambassador - Startup Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Communications/Journalism/Writing Majors (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Entry Level MarketingAdvantage Concepts Inc.
Communications & PR - Paid Full or Part TimeA&A Marketing Group
Publicity InternshipKeith Sherman & Associates
Communications & Member Services InternBookmark This
2100 East Exchange Place
Posted: March 31 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGeorgia Electric Membership Corp. (EMC) is seeking a communications & member services intern for this semester. Georgia EMC serves as the statewide trade association for the 41 member-owned electric cooperatives across Georgia. The communications & member services department handles media relations and youth/education programs, among other public relations, communications and marketing functions.
Seeking a Junior or Senior communications/public relations student with a desire to learn about member-focused communications in a corporate setting.
• Internship positions are available to correspond with Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Applications are accepted year-round. ***PLEASE SPECIFY IN YOUR COVER LETTER WHICH SEMESTER YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
• Approximate term of 3 to 4 months; up to 40 hours per week. Hours are negotiable. Office hours are M-F, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with a flexible schedule to work around class times. Some evenings and weekends required. Work location is our corporate headquarters in Tucker, Ga.
• Special projects accepted if necessary for college credit. Must be in conjunction with university/college career center.
• Transportation necessary; mileage reimbursed if on official business.
• This is a part-time paid internship. Grade 7 stipend, paid bi-monthly.
• Please submit cover letter, current resume and work/writing samples. No phone calls, please.
• For more on Georgia EMC, or to learn about electric cooperatives in Georgia, visit http://www.georgiaemc.com.
ResponsibilitiesOverall, interns will provide project assistance within the communications and member services department. Tasks will include writing, event planning, database management, online content creation, photography and design, among other duties as needs arise.
RequirementsApplicants must be enrolled in college classes.
Must have good understanding of the English language for writing, proofing and editing.
Must have strong interpersonal communication, customer service and telephone skills.
Must be a creative thinker with good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at once.
Proficiency with computer word-processing programs (i.e. Microsoft Word) is critical, presentation software (i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint, Prezi), desktop publishing, Web publishing and AP Style a plus.