Special Events InternSnow Mountain Ranch - YMCA of the Rockies
Communications InternZAG Group of Companies
Human Relations InternshipH3 Concepts
Communications InternVisit Baltimore
customer serviceACADIA HEALTH CARE
Communications InternACADIA HEALTH CARE
Communications & Sponsorship CoordinatorBookmark This
1371, Av Guardia Chalaca, Callao, Perù
Posted: March 09 2016
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Full-time, Paid
Timeframe: 01/01/17 — 05/31/17 (Flexible)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCOPRODELI USA is a non-profit organization that aids Peruvian families by supporting, through annual financial and volunteer assistance, the grassroots development work carried out by the NGO, COPRODELI Peru.
COPRODELI Peru is an international development organization dedicated to serving in highly impoverished communities in Peru by building sustainable programs in education, health, housing, job training, micro-entrepreneurship and food security since 1989. Driven by principles of economic and social inclusion, the organization sees to the needs of marginalized communities in Callao, Pachacutec, Ica, and San Martin and carries out social development projects benefiting 110,000 people each year. Coprodeli has not only been successful in responding to the basic needs of thousands of families, but also in empowering beneficiaries to be agents of change in program efforts.
Location & Compensation
The Communications & Sponsorship Coordinator internship position will be based in Callao, a district of Lima, Peru and will occasionally travel to our regional sites for project formulation and management functions. This person will receive free housing at our humble Volunteer House and will receive a 600 nuevos soles monthly stipend that covers basic living costs.
ResponsibilitiesInternship Position Description:
The Communications & Sponsorship Coordinator will report directly to the Programs & Projects Officer and will be pivotal in executing Coprodeli's communications, social media, and child sponsorship program efforts. This person will be responsible for communicating with Coprodeli's contacts, managing social media and the website, creating marketing materials, coordinating the child sponsorship program, and collaborating in event planning initiatives. This intern is a dynamic individual with vision and initiative looking for an exciting opportunity to make a large, lasting impact with an organization that stands out.
This person is responsible for:
- Strategic planning
Creates, maintains, and executes communications calendar
Creates pipeline of opportunities to grow programs
Analyzes results of communications initiatives
- Communicating with organizational contacts
Maintains Peru and US contact database
Writes monthly US and Peru newsletters to all contacts
Executes seasonal campaigns
- Social media and web management
Coordinates with Peru directors to gather stories and visual information
Creates content (written and visual) and posts to social media for Peru and US in timely manner
Updates websites as necessary
- Marketing materials
Creates both the content and design of visually appealing materials (PPTs, brochures, flyers, PDFs, documents) as needed, both in English and Spanish
Oversees vision and creation of organizational videos
Contributes to photo and video database by taking photo/video or gathering program photos
- Assisting with Padrino Child Sponsorship Program
Responsible for updating, maintaining, and communicating changes in child and sponsor assignments
Coordinates with Peru directors to create updates of sponsored children
Communicates with sponsors
- Assisting with event planning functions
Plans activities, logistics for organizational events and strategic partner visits
- Additional assignments deemed appropriate and necessary by Programs & Projects Officer
- Completed undergraduate study in: Communications,Journalism, International Relations, International Development, Political Science, Latin American Studies, Public Policy, Economics, or other related field.
- Excellent communication (particularly writing), organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, keep deadlines and commitments.
- Detail-oriented with creative and collaborative perspective.
- Ability to commit to living in Peru and interning with Coprodeli for > 6 months.
- Fluency in Spanish and English required
- Proficiency in MS Office, especially MSWord and MSExcel; experience with variety of photo/video editing, graphic design, and desktop publishing software; experience building and/or editing websites
SkillsRequired - English & Spanish languages, Communication Skills, Relationship Management, Organization Skills, MS Office tools
Preferred - Digital Journalism