PR Intern NeededCordelia Donovan Inc.
Communications Internship with MASSPIRGDeirdre Cummings
Freedom 4/24 - Communications InternshipFreedom 4/24
Social Media/Influencer RelationsArctic Fox Hair Color
New York City Non Profit Seeking Communications Internbarrier free living
Intern – Communications, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Social Media Marketing & CommunicationBinichic Barcelona
Community Outreach Coordinator and Events internBookmark This
Posted: August 23 2016
Company Location: Jamaica, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWe are currently looking for a Community Outreach Coordinator and Events intern to:
Gain valuable experience by learning about the planning and execution of community event days and volunteer retention by working closely with the founder and social media intern. In addition, growing our database of Project Petals volunteers. A self starter that is able to handle work independently.
1. Work with corporate, social, civic and community organizations to develop partnerships to recruit volunteers.
2. Explore and find best new practices for volunteer recruitment
3. Maintain relationships and communications with the Parks Department while keeping the Founder up to date on new developments.
4. Communicate with project leaders from past projects for updates and ongoing needs.
5. Reaching out to community to inform them about Project Petals event days.
6. Input and maintain volunteer database for tracking information, hours, roles and event participation.
7. Send volunteers information about organization when requested.
8. Maintain ongoing communication with volunteers including social media and bi-weekly emails.
9. Schedule volunteers based on event and venue needs.
10. Update and communicate with city agencies and founder on volunteer related issues.
11. Assess volunteer satisfaction, develop and implement initiatives designed to improve volunteer experience and retention.
12. Assist in posting to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter in addition to content creation create and execute volunteer recruitment plan, incentives and outreach strategies.
13. Help create welcome packets for volunteers, online sign-in sheets and follow up emails.
This is an unpaid internship, but you can receive school credit where applicable.
Project Petals Inc., is a nonprofit that is working revitalize communities in under-served areas.
Please send both your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a virtual position, so you'll be able to work from home, but you'll be expected to attend event days.
Requirements- Possesses skills in writing, research, and content creation
- Performs well in an environment that values creativity, flexibility, and variety
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as the ability to work independently
- Prefers challenges, fast pace, new ideas, future focus, and unstructured environment
- Ability to work independently