PAID Communications InternshipGIE Dental Lab
Student Brand Ambassador - Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Communications/Journalism/Writing Majors (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Social Media InternStartup
Interns wanted - Must be able to receive college credit - Communication majors welcomedReal Estate
Communications and Marketing InternDowntownDC Business Improvement District
Marketing and Communications InternVisit Bucks County
Content & Editorial InternBookmark This
104 West 29th St.
New York, NY
Posted: November 30 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDoNYC’s Editorial & Content intern will be responsible for content entry and maintenance needs on DoNYC’s website. An editorial and content intern will need to be focused, able to work quickly and efficiently, and have an eye for detail. Interns must also excel at writing and be familiar with event previews, reviews and blogging in general. Bringing an individual style and personality to your work is always encouraged.
Responsibilities- Content Management including:
- Entering events as well as happy hours and daily specials from various sources i.e. newsletters, venue and event calendars
- Fixing Bad Video Reports and communicating with users who submitted them
- Merging duplicate listings
- All-Star commenting
- Contributing regularly to the DoNYC blog (ex. concert and event previews, show reviews, interviews with artists, etc.)
- Creatively thinking about other editorial content that would be of interest to the DoNYC community
- Contributing at least three event reviews a month, such as concert reviews, play reviews, or any other type of event/restaurant/bar/etc reviews
- Submit requests on behalf of other DoNYC writers and photographers to grant them access into concerts and events
- Additional various tasks - running errands, helping out with the DoNYC events, etc.
Requirements- Able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Prior awareness of DoNYC - active user of the site, and familiar with our other outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, email newsletter, etc.)
- Strong understanding of Facebook and Twitter with current, active profiles on each
- Strong, proven writing and communication skills
- Strong passion for music and/or NYC events and nightlife
- Generally “in the know” about NYC events and happenings
- Self-Motivated - ability to focus and complete duties in a casual environment
- Flexible schedule - able to attend DoNYC events as frequently as possible
- Must be at least 21+ to assist with any doNYC events
- Candidate should ideally be looking to fill a college credit requirement. This is negotiable, but candidate will have to prove ability to take on such an important role if not seeking credit.
- Strong, proven writing skills, with examples.
- Currently writing a personal blog or contributing to an existing site /publication
- Some great ideas right off the bat of how we can do more with our content