Human Relations InternshipH3 Concepts
Interns wanted - Must be able to receive college credit - Communication majors welcomedReal Estate
Journalist Intern (Spanish)Stily Inc.
Communications/Journalism/Writing Majors (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Student Brand Ambassador - Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
SPRING 2017 SPEAKING DIVISION INTERNSHIPThe Shark Group
Communications Intern (Marketing, PR, Social Media, Events)Essential Oxygen
Social Media/Marketing InternshipWhirlWind Creative
Development & Communications InternshipBookmark This
145 S. Spring Street
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: September 22 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAre you interested in fundraising, digital communications, and volunteer coordination? Do you want to create meaningful change in your local community? We want to hear from you!
Spark inspires 7th, 8th and 9th grade students to succeed in high school and beyond by connecting them with mentors in leading workplaces and supporting their academic journey with skill-building and resources. By engaging working professionals and connecting businesses with local communities, Spark empowers the next generation to perform better in school, graduate on time and lead fulfilling careers and lives.
Spark has been highlighted on the NBC Nightly News, the Today Show and other media outlets for its unique and effective program.
As a Volunteer Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate on projects that advance the goals of the organization while building a professional portfolio and connections in the nonprofit sector. Projects may include:
● Development & Program Operations: Maintain up to date fundraising and program data, verify compliance of all paperwork for volunteers, conduct research, process gifts, and provide support for strengthening the pipeline of corporate, individual and foundation partners.
● Communications: Create content for the organization’s social media channels, design campaigns aimed at increasing the organization’s social media and online presence, and assist with the maintenance of quote, project, and story libraries.
● Events: Participate in events such as student-mentor meet and greets, cultivation and fundraising gatherings, and culminating ceremonies, and contribute to their successful execution through administrative support related to invitations, correspondence, vendor coordination, etc.
● Dispatch Logistics: Provide program support by chaperoning and ensuring the safety of students during dispatch.
● Time: You will be expected to commit between 18-24 hours per week.
● Computer: You will have access to an office laptop for your internship work.
● Compensation: Please note this is a volunteer internship and is unpaid.
● You are enrolled in a degree seeking program (undergraduate or graduate students preferred), or are a recent college graduate.
● You are well-versed in online research, social media and the Microsoft Office suite.
● You have exceptional organization skills and meticulous attention to detail.
● You have strong verbal and written communications as well as proofreading and editing skills.
● You are familiar or have a strong interest in data management and nonprofit storytelling.
Please email resume and cover letter to Melvin Noriega at email@example.com with the subject line Spark LA Development and Communications Internship.
Spark is an equal opportunity provider of volunteer experiences. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race ethnicity, religion or sexual orientation, and evaluate all