Communications InternZAG Group of Companies
Human Relations InternshipH3 Concepts
Communications InternVisit Baltimore
customer serviceACADIA HEALTH CARE
Communications InternACADIA HEALTH CARE
Communications + Social Media InternshipCreate Forward
Communications and Strategy InternAgora Partnerships
Digital Content InternshipBookmark This
Eat, Drink & Be Literary
Posted: February 20 2015
Company Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEat, Drink & Be Literary
Digital Content Internship
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Based in Los Angeles; Remote internship available
Hours Required: Flexible- at least two days a week
We are looking for a quick-witted, tech-savvy candidate who can demonstrate a variety of skills across a range of tasks. The Intern will be resourceful, an intuitive and creative thinker and love a challenge. They’ll have a ‘can do’ attitude and enjoy getting their hands dirty. They’ll be dynamic and organized and thrive on new challenges.
To support the CEO and work with a team of interns to implement the content strategy for
Eat, Drink & Be Literary (ED&BL), writing and curating content, and helping to build the ED&BL community.
The Digital Content Intern will gain valuable skills and experience in developing launch content for a new e-commerce housewares company and building an audience through content and community management post-launch.
They will have the opportunity to create, promote and track content for a wide range of audiences, gain insights into what makes compelling content, acquire the skills to optimize everything they write for the web, and learn how to shape content in response to a growing community's needs and wants.
Our Intern will develop their already sound journalistic skills, from pitching original and stimulating content to developing human interest angles tailored to the growing community across a variety of creative sectors.
ED&BL is a financially backed e-commerce startup specializing in literary inspired, artistic housewares. This is a fixed term role and perfect for someone making their first move into media, design or journalism. We are looking for a creative, witty, probably sarcastic, closet nerd who has a pension for dinner parties, open bars, and GREAT books! This is a rare opportunity to be given real responsibility from start-to-finish on an exciting new startup.
Purpose of Position
To provide support for the communications team at Eat, Drink & Be Literary, through support elements of our media, campaigns and digital content work. You will help create, edit and maintain all content for the website and email marketing platforms in addition to liaising with the marketing department for the purpose of creating engaging digital content.
• Support for communications campaigns and events.
• Writing and editing materials such as blogs, articles and social media posts.
• Logging media coverage and helping to look for opportunities.
• Assisting with monthly and project specific evaluation documents.
• Writing and editing web pages on ED&BL.
• Possibility of writing product descriptions (we’re fun and want you to be CREATIVE)!
• Optimizing content for search engines and tagged in line with ED&BL’s metadata framework to drive content personalization.
• Researching and proposing story ideas suitable for the ED&BL community.
• Creating and repurposing existing content assets for the ED&BL community in the ED&BL tone of voice.
• Interviewing people in the creative industries to create inspiring case study articles and profile features.
• Supporting the team in identifying and cultivating new content partnerships.
• Curating and adapting partner content for the ED&BL community, adopting the ED&BL tone of voice.
• Assisting in the production of multimedia features, such as videos and photo galleries.
• Sourcing and writing up case studies and success across the platform.
• Supporting the marketing team in reporting on audience KPIs and performance targets relating to content and community, internally and externally.
• Engaging with the ED&BL community, driving discussions around key topic areas and responding to queries and requests.
• Moderating community activity, responding to any issues in line with the ED&BL community governance policy and in collaboration with the Editor.
• Take ownership of, and contribute to, internal and external communications activity both in job role and as part of ED&BL’s overall strategic objectives.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to embracing and promoting ED&BL’s positive approach to the achievement of acceptance, openness, and equality of opportunity at work for people from under-represented groups (i.e. such as those with disabilities and from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender and Black, Asian and Minority ethnic communities).
• Establish good working relationships with both internal and external customers and provide a high quality service which meets their needs.
Basic knowledge of HTML & CSS
Experience of using image editing software (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator preferred)
Experience of using video editing software
Thirst for keeping on top of current affairs and trends
• Witty, funny, and a desire to learn (and build your portfolio)!
• Ability to take initiative and self-manage.
• Passion for food, wine (or martini’s, we don’t judge!), and books is a MUST.
• Enthusiastic, confident and personable.
• A high level of attention to detail.
• Ability to be flexible, adaptable and work well in a high pressured environment.
• Able to work collaboratively in a team setting.
• Takes a proactive and innovative approach.
• Has a high level of attention to detail.
SkillsRequired - MS Office Suite
Preferred - Mac & PC platforms, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator