- Internships /
- Communication /
- Digital Content Management, Video Production, & App Development (Johannesburg, South Africa)
Communications and Public Relations Internship with FreeTheTextbooks.org. Make a Difference!Free the Textbooks
Interns wanted at film company - Must be in college - Communication majors welcomedPES
Customer serviceISPEN GROUP
Communications InternISPEN GROUP
Business Development / Sales InternCabinet Plant Inc
Communications InternSchindler Group
Part Time Retail Sales/Marketing AssociateThe Scottish Mill Shop
Digital Content Management, Video Production, & App Development (Johannesburg, South Africa)Bookmark This
Securing Water for Food - Global Internships
61 Barkston Drive, Blairgowrie, 2194 Randburg
Posted: May 10 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSocial Impact Internship Program
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Summer, Fall and Spring Internships Available
NOTE YOU MUST APPLY AT THIS LINK TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
Reel Gardening, an industry changing for profit, social enterprise, seeks senior or masters level students who are passionate about social impact and food security, want to work in a dynamic start-up on project-based work that contributes to business growth and scalability, and wants to play an active role in helping the company to "spread the planting revolution."
Reel Gardening, through its Social Impact Internship Program, can ensure the assignment of challenging projects and tasks, provide an industry relevant real-life experience, and give interns the chance to be an active part of and play a meaningful role in a social enterprise that is reaching 300,000+ school and family beneficiaries in South Africa.
As noted, this position is located in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Visit our website for more information and to learn more about the impact that we are having and how you can contribute to the work we are doing. www.reelgardening.co.za
Reel Gardening is a Securing Water for Food: A Grand Challenge for Development innovator/awardee. For more information, visit www.securingwaterforfood.org.
The projects undertaken by Reel Gardening interns will add value and directly contribute to the scaling and growth of the company.
About the Company:
Based in Johannesburg, South Africa, Reel Gardening is a for profit, social enterprise that has developed a unique seed system that can be grown into a vegetable or herb garden in nearly any climate. The company has/has had business partnerships and/or work with Unilever, Richard Branson, Coca-Cola, Sappi, Exclusive Books, Total, Chartered Wealth Solutions, and others.
About the Internship:
This is a 3-5 months, unpaid internship. For international candidates, college credit arrangements are encouraged. Housing/accommodations and travel expenses are expected to be shouldered by the candidate.
Reel Gardening will accept applications on a rolling basis (summer, fall, spring), however first round interviews (Skype or Google Hangout) for this position are expected to held on May 19 and May 20. Start date will be determined by Reel Gardening and the selected candidate.
ResponsibilitiesScope of Work:
Reel Gardening requires an intern to assist with the digital development of the Reel Gardening brand. This spans from the production of a series of video clips, to the oversight and management of the app developers hired to create The Planting Revolution App.
The video’s produced during this period will include documentation of The Planting Revolution Roadshow process with SABC 2 Education, as well as our Community Growers pilot in Cape Town. This will require the intern to periodically travel around the country and film the Roadshows and the progress of our commercial community growers pilot. Reel Gardening also requires videos to be used in the Reel Gardening App, as well as The Planting Revolution App. These videos will range from testimonials to planting demonstrations. And finally, Reel Gardening would like to transform our various generic proposals into a short video format.
Reel Gardening is in the process of developing a gaming app that would take school children between the ages of 12 and 16 through a series of games that will teach them how to grow their own food using Reel Gardening and The Planting Revolution. Reel Gardening requires an intern to work with the app developers to manage the process and ensure that the end result is in line with Reel Gardening’s vision.
RequirementsGeneral Skills Needed:
- Video Editing
- Knowledge of app development processes
- Willingness to take direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interns, who are expected to work Monday through Thursday, will have the intellectual capacity, higher order thinking skills, and independent work ethic to deliver on clearly defined expectations, goals, and outcomes.
What We Require:
- Have the potential to deliver video products (which may be based on raw video or photos) that succinctly and clearly tell a story
- Ability to deliver videos with cuts, graphics, sound and other elements that convey a quality production value and a level of technical sophistication
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Captivate and Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of digital videography and advanced editing techniques
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Fearless – not afraid to be a bold and outside the box thinker with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and process constructive feedback.
- Love for social impact, a passion for the mission of the organization, and general excitement to learn new skills.