Social Media & Community Management InternEtching-It.com
Marketing Communication SpecialistZolonTech
Communications InternB.A.P INC
MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS INTERNBounce Children's Foundation
Summer PR InternshipThe Chamber Group
Blog Writers Needed- Equity & Justice- Community Blog!Community First
Marketing, PR & Communications InternIrish Fair of Minnesota
Communications InternNew Pathway
Editorial / Journalism Intern Maryland USBookmark This
American Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Posted: August 05 2016
Company Location: Upper Marlboro, MD
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
American Justice Reentry and Rehabilitation AJRR is a National Reentry program focused on working with both government and other social service based organizations to foster community safety initiatives. AJRR works with all reentering citizens to the Society.
All work would be through guidance of the Director, and working closely with the Department Specialist; the Intern will assist in creation, implementation, and distribution of public, partner and client relations information, digital, and social media activities. The Intern will ensure consistency of messages while integrating value propositions across all communication channels, with high emphasis on the AJRR website and secured tools only used in highlighting the purpose.
Requires a strong communications background, understanding of public relations, grants and funding, a high degree of accuracy, the ability to multi-task and prioritize, strong writer/editor, and the ability to work independently and as part of a AJRR's team.
Responsibilities- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
Requirements- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe In Design and Adobe Acrobat is a plus