Internship in Scientific Editing, Revising, and WritingClarity Manuscript Consultants, LLC
Student Brand Ambassador - Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Community Ambassador - Startup Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Communications/Journalism/Writing Majors (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Entry Level MarketingAdvantage Concepts Inc.
Communications & PR - Paid Full or Part TimeA&A Marketing Group
Publicity InternshipKeith Sherman & Associates
Events and Community OutreachBookmark This
The New Foundation
1200 N. 77th Street
Posted: April 23 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe New Foundation provides undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to learn and participate in the community relations and fundraising of the 45-year old non-profit. The New Foundation is a wellness campus for adolescents and provides behavioral health care and education services. Through a combination of learning experiences, work projects and group collaborations, the intern will gain an understanding of nonprofit fundraising, community outreach and marketing. The Development Intern will learn skills in public relations, communication, and event planning. This is an unpaid internship, although, the intern may be eligible for university credit (course/credit must be identified and arranged by intern with counsel from university advisor)
Interns should be energetic, organized and possess the ability to multi-task, be a self-starter, and a problem-solver.
The Development Internship is designed to expand the community relations, create awareness and “friend-raise” for The New Foundation through existing events and the implementation of new events. The intern will be expected to be professional, follow through on projects, contribute ideas, and provide a fresh perspective.
• Support the fundraising & communication goals of the Development Department
• Develop and execute work plans that align with assigned goals
• Conduct community outreach
• Attend meetings, participate in brainstorming sessions and provide input
• Assist with marketing efforts
• Represent the organization at tabling events
• Participate in outside events to promote the organization
• Work alongside staff, committees and/or key volunteers to help move tasks forward
• Assist with event coordinating
• Lead volunteer and community service projects on the campus
Requirements• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Must be detail oriented
• Must be comfortable in networking environments
• Educational background in Non-profit Management, Communication, Social Work or Counseling
• Interest in community outreach, philanthropy, public service, fundraising, or events