Marketing and Public Relations Internship with Dignity HealthDignity Health, Arizona Service Area
2016 - 2017 Winter Social Media InternshipThe Advance Group
Media/Public Relations InternFaith in Public Life
Digital Marketing InternCrane Renovation Group
Student Brand Ambassador - Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Community Ambassador - Startup Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Communications/Journalism/Writing Majors (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Hygiene Kit InternClean the World
Fall 2016 Strategic Communications InternshipBookmark This
69 Milk Street, Suite 101
Posted: August 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionStrategic Communications Internship
Conover + Gould Strategic Communications is seeking a full-time or part-time intern in our Westborough, MA office for the coming semester. Interns working in the Westborough office will have the opportunity to work on projects for clients in health IT, finance, insurance, nonprofit and other industries. The position provides hands-on learning opportunities for a talented, hard working undergraduate or graduate student interested in the field of strategic communications, media and public relations, corporate social responsibility and/or public affairs. Candidates must be highly motivated, well-organized, an excellent writer and capable of working effectively on a number of time sensitive assignments.
Candidates are expected to have a passion for communications and possess a solid understanding of the basics of the industry, as demonstrated by coursework, previous internships, jobs or experience. This internship is designed to provide the intern with meaningful agency experience and build skills for an entry-level position in the field. We encourage interns to be active in all client activities.
The internship includes a small monthly stipend.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities may include:
• Provide support for client accounts
• Conduct research on company, client and prospective client industry issues and trends.
• Build and maintain databases, including identifying client and issue-specific media contact lists to be used for pitching.
• Assist with media relations by researching editorial calendars, identifying opportunities, monitoring news outlets and collecting clips.
• Draft client specific social media posts
• Draft reports, memos, articles, pitches, news releases, fact sheets, meeting summaries, website content, social media posts and other materials.
• Help develop communications plans, corporate social responsibility campaigns and social media strategies.
• Communicate and interact with staff, clients and stakeholders via phone, email, and at meetings.
• Perform miscellaneous account support duties such as activity tracking, maintaining account files, and assisting with mailings and data entry.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a resume and cover letter along with a writing sample to email@example.com
• Demonstrated interest in communications
• Excellent writing and communication skills, strong research skills
• Creative problem solving and strategic thinking skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
• Computer literate and able to learn other software programs quickly
• Familiarity and experience with major social media platforms
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail