Student Brand Ambassador - Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Communications/Journalism/Writing Majors (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Social Media InternStartup
Interns wanted - Must be able to receive college credit - Communication majors welcomedReal Estate
Communications and Marketing InternDowntownDC Business Improvement District
Marketing and Communications InternVisit Bucks County
Social Media Intern - Political Show/App/WebsiteUnderground Network
Communication InternBookmark This
Smart Tech Challenges Foundation
6565 Sunset Boulevard, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: November 07 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Smart Tech Challenges Foundation was established last year with a mission to foster innovation to reduce gun violence. The Smart Tech Challenges Foundation was founded a group of Silicon Valley tech luminaries after the tragedy of Sandy Hook and was established to address the problem of gun violence by using technology to spur innovation in the development of products and services that will reduce gun related injuries and deaths. Gun violence is a huge social and public health issue in our country - 30,000 people are killed every year with a gun. We wanted to bypass the political gridlock and believe that innovation and technology will be the most effect way to address the problem.
When we examined the current realities of gun violence through our lens as entrepreneurs and technologists, it became clear that there were endemic market failures in both innovation and active capital. We wanted to see what role technology and innovation could play to reduce gun violence. We have taken a different, apolitical approach to speed up change and are building an ecosystem of innovation to make guns safer. To do that, we have launched a $1mil incentive challenge and have 15 finalists who are at various stages of developing technologies to make guns safer. We are hoping that by the end of the 18 month challenge, we will have numerous technologies that eventually will make it to market and put the choice in the hand of the consumer. Our challenge aims to reduce accidental deaths and injuries, prevent homicides committed with stolen guns, and reduce the number of suicides which claim tens of thousands of American lives every year.
The Smart Tech Challenges Foundation is actively searching for an intern to help support the development and communications efforts at the foundation. We are a “start up” foundation and are seeking someone who is creative, resourceful, can think outside the box and seeks to find a role that will challenge them to use their skills to help to grow a foundation from scratch. This position is ideally suited for someone who is a high-energy, innovative, self-starter with an interest in reducing gun violence through innovation and technology.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to create exciting, clear, and persuasive messages for a range of internal and external audiences. Please include a writing sample when applying for position.
· Must be mission-focused (passionate), relationship-oriented, and possess strong ability to balance working independently and being self-directed and working collaboratively as part of a team
· Results oriented team player with excellent project management, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Ability to solve problems and to think critically, creatively, and innovatively
· Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and graphic design applications
The following skills are not required but would be a plus:
· Working knowledge of the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in PR, social media, and marketing
· Understanding of basic graphic design principles and proficiency with design software
Intern could be based out of the Los Angeles office or the San Francisco office.