Hygiene Kit InternClean the World
New Ride Sharing Company Looking for Entry Level Interns with Potential for Full EmploymentBusiness Rocket
Communications Hub InternshipGreenpeace USA
VIDEO/POST-PRODUCTION INTERNSHIPNatcom Global
Communications InternNational Parkinson Foundation
Spring 2017 Communications InternshipThe Fresh Air Fund
Communications Intern at Tandem, Partners in Early LearningTandem, Partners in Early Learning
Community Management Mandatory Internship (m/f)InterNations GmbH
Freedom 4/24 - Communications InternshipBookmark This
110B Duncraig Drive
Posted: June 29 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFreedom 4/24 exists to raise awareness of the sexual exploitation and human trafficking of the women and children around the world and to provide financial support to partner organizations dedicated to bringing and doing justice.
Job Title: Communications Internship
Reports To: Freedom 4/24 Staff
Date: Spring/Summer/Fall Internship
To serve as the Communications Intern with the aim of supporting the Freedom 4/24 staff in advertising the cause and sharing stories of human trafficked victims and survivors.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist with the Freedom 4/24 blog, marketing, and fundraising campaigns. A strong writing background is desired.
2. Assist in creating and maintaining social media posts for Freedom 4/24 and affiliated events and products.
3. Aid in reaching churches, businesses, and organizations in the local community.
4. Create and send press releases to local venue media outlets.
5. Create advertising strategies for Frocks4Freedom, Run 4 Their Lives and Freedom Gala.
6. Aid in developing special projects, i.e. short videos, editing materials, emails, etc.
7. Assist with event participant management for further donations and communication.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Freedom 4/24 staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must be self motivated and have the ability to problem solve and to seek out creative solutions independently but also understand that program development requires community effort.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completed at least two years of fulltime studies at a university or equivalent institution toward the completion of a degree in communications, advertising, or similar areas of study. Writing experience is preferred; writing samples are required.
￼Experience in nonprofit work is desired but not required; however, it is essential to have the understanding that working in the nonprofit world means being flexible and willing to serve in varying capacities.
The ability to live in Lynchburg, VA for the duration of the internship is required.
SkillsRequired - Communication Skills, Oral & Written Communication Skills, Social Media Communications
Preferred - Social Media Marketing