Social Media InternElixir Tune
Communications InternCMS Energy Corporation
Marketing and Communications Internship - FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Communications & PR - Full or Part TimeA&A Marketing Group
Communications/Marketing InternAmerican Red Cross
Communications InternMove to Amend
Summer 2017 Marketing & Public Relations InternAndrew Freeman & Co.
Communications InternNCS Technology
Freedom 4/24 - Communications InternshipBookmark This
2306 Bedford Ave
Posted: April 07 2017
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionFreedom 4/24 exists to raise awareness of the sexual exploitation and human trafficking of the women and children around the world and to provide financial support to partner organizations dedicated to bringing and doing justice.
Job Title: Communications Internship
Reports To: Freedom 4/24 Staff
Date: Spring/Summer/Fall Internship
To serve as the Communications Intern with the aim of supporting the Freedom 4/24 staff in advertising the cause and sharing stories of human trafficked victims and survivors.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist with the Freedom 4/24 blog, marketing, and fundraising campaigns. A strong writing background is desired.
2. Assist in creating and maintaining social media posts for Freedom 4/24 and affiliated events and products.
3. Aid in reaching churches, businesses, and organizations in the local community.
4. Create and send press releases to local venue media outlets.
5. Create advertising strategies for Frocks4Freedom, Run 4 Their Lives and Freedom Gala.
6. Aid in developing special projects, i.e. short videos, editing materials, emails, etc.
7. Assist with event participant management for further donations and communication.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Freedom 4/24 staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must be self motivated and have the ability to problem solve and to seek out creative solutions independently but also understand that program development requires community effort.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Completed at least two years of fulltime studies at a university or equivalent institution toward the completion of a degree in communications, advertising, or similar areas of study. Writing experience is preferred; writing samples are required.
￼Experience in nonprofit work is desired but not required; however, it is essential to have the understanding that working in the nonprofit world means being flexible and willing to serve in varying capacities.
The ability to live in Lynchburg, VA for the duration of the internship is required.