Full Time Internship - Hands-On Training ProvidedLakeview Consultants
TV Station General ManagerStrategic Business Institute
WI STUDENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITYCouncilman Kenyatta Johnson
Community Ambassador - Startup Photography App (Virtual Opportunity)New Photo Sharing App
Brand Strategy InternshipElemental Path / CogniToys
Communications & PR - Paid Full or Part TimeA&A Marketing Group
Human Relations InternshipH3 Concepts
Heart Walk InternBookmark This
American Heart Association
240 Whittington Parkway
Posted: September 22 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Heart Walk is the American Heart Association’s mission in action. In addition to raising vital money for research and education, the Heart Walk promotes physical activity and heart healthy living in a fun, family, festive environment.
The American Heart Association is seeking a Fall semester intern to assist with year-round fundraising activities for the Kentuckiana Heart Walk. Individuals will gain work experience with a non-profit and receive hands-on training in various disciplines including: fundraising/sales, communications, event planning and implementation, volunteer management, development, data entry, and community outreach. The internship will be unpaid, however the AHA is willing to provide college/university school credit.
• Acts as a point of contact for the Heart Walk and ensures timely responses. Able to professionally communicate with all levels of volunteers
• Solicits in-kind donations (will be making cold calls)
• Aids in primary logistics for the Kentuckiana Heart Walk, including vendor coordination, volunteer recruitment and management, and timeline management
• Assists at Heart Walk events, meetings and campaign kick-offs
• Helps identify, recruit, and cultivate Friends and Family participants. Our Friends and Family participants are individuals participating in fundraising for the event outside of their workplace
• Creates marketing materials including meeting packets, email content, social media content, and flyers
• Excellent communications skills – written and oral
• Attentive to details with strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Self-starter and ability to take a leadership role on projects with limited supervision; excellent time management skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required
• Must be resourceful with Internet – search engines, online phone directories etc.
• Reliable transportation is required
• Ability to dedicate 15-20 hours per week – we offer flexible hours and schedules