- Internships /
- Communication /
- IMMEDIATE OPENING: Assistant to the CEO/President – Intern/Extern or Volunteer
Community Ambassador (Virtual/Remote)New Photo Sharing App
Communications Outreach InternMETA24
Communications and Public Relations Internship with FreeTheTextbooks.org. Make a Difference!Free the Textbooks
Interns wanted at film company - Must be in college - Communication majors welcomedPES
Customer serviceISPEN GROUP
Communications InternISPEN GROUP
Business Development / Sales InternCabinet Plant Inc
Communications InternSchindler Group
IMMEDIATE OPENING: Assistant to the CEO/President – Intern/Extern or VolunteerBookmark This
BGCM Community Center & Sportsplex
37 Vanderburg Rd
Posted: September 09 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBGCM! (Because God Chose Me!) Community Center & Sportsplex, is a 501c3 nonprofit academic, arts & athletic center for youth & families founded on Christian principles, and is dedicated to instilling in each member that they have been specifically chosen by God to do magnificent things! We specialize in improving the self esteem of youth and families in surrounding suburban as well as underrepresented and underprivileged communities. We promote integrity and stewardship, and offeran innovative opportunity to train, excel, and compete academically, artistically, and athletically.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS TO HELP BENEFIT YOU! We are seeking a SUPER FANTASTIC experienced Assistant who will produce work that will directly affect the growth of our organization while also gaining experience in areas which are important to you. The Assistant may also have a huge hand in assisting with grants and development tasks and more.
Benefits of working with BGCM:
• Gain professional work experience, while also meeting personal/professional goals.
• Gain experience at a unique social entrepreneurship that has a global impact.
• Learn about the industry from all levels of BGCM management.
• Network with other for-profit and nonprofit professionals in an open office environment.
• For students, class credit can be arranged according to school requirements.
Status: Intern/Extern or Volunteer
Number of Positions Available: 2-3 On-site (and virtual at times)
Facility Address: Monmouth Worship Center, 37 Vanderburg Rd, Marlboro, NJ 07746
Provide support to CEO/President as described herein this job description. Responsible for various specific and general projects in a fast paced environment. Candidates may be asked to assist with special programs, events, or projects.
Some or all of your responsibilities may include:
• Identify three professional or personal goals in which you want to gain exposure in or work on and work with President/CEO on gaining experience in said areas.
• Providing President/CEO with accurate, confidential, professionally written materials including memos, correspondence, meeting minutes, reports, agendas, manuals and handouts.
• Taking ownership of President/CEO’s extremely active calendar and tasks assigned to assistant and following said tasks from inception to conclusion.
• Taking initiative and being proactive, in completing tasks while often removing items from President/CEO’s to-do list and completing them.
• Taking notes during every meeting or discussion in both physical and virtual meetings with President/CEO and others.
• Act as site manager and assistant manager of programs and staff.
• Maintaining flexibility as workloads change and participating in early morning or evening meetings as well as special events as required.
• Performing special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Mentoring is available; extensive training for day to day responsibilities is unavailable; candidate MUST work proficiently with a great level of autonomy.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, and excellent computer skills.
• Possess exceptional skills in presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management.
• A passion for youth and a heart to serve.
• Enrolled in a certificate or Bachelors or Masters Degree Program (preferred) in business administration, organizational leadership, psychology, public affairs, communication, or a similarly related field of study.
• Independent, open-minded, enthusiastic, adaptable, and must be able to work in a team environment, independently, and with a great deal of autonomy.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
• Must be assertive and pay meticulous attention to detail and utilize strong critical thinking skills.
• Based on experience, position may start as unpaid position, with the potential to transition into a part-time or full-time paid position within the company.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST: Email references and resume to email@example.com and visit www.bgcme.org to learn more about our organization.