Special Events InternSnow Mountain Ranch - YMCA of the Rockies
Communications InternZAG Group of Companies
Human Relations InternshipH3 Concepts
Communications InternVisit Baltimore
customer serviceACADIA HEALTH CARE
Communications InternACADIA HEALTH CARE
Latin America Internship - FALL 2016 (Unpaid)Bookmark This
Covenant House International
5 Penn Plaza
New York, NY
Posted: August 15 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Covenant House International is the largest privately funded agency in the Americas providing shelter and other services to homeless, runaway and throwaway youth. In addition to food, shelter, clothing and crisis care, Covenant House provides a variety of services to homeless youth including healthcare, education, vocational preparation, drug abuse treatment and prevention programs, legal services, recreation, mother/child programs, transitional living programs, street outreach and aftercare.
The Latin America Intern will be based out of Covenant House’s International Headquarters in NYC and must be able to read, write and speak in Spanish. The dates for the internship are flexible, though the minimum commitment is a semester and 20 hours per week.
The Latin American intern position will help advance the organizational goals through research, writing, investigations and other program responsibilities including, but not limited to:
• Provide general administrative support to Latin America Department team
• Collaborating with our program, communications and development staff in Latin America
• Assist in development of social media strategy
• Support policy research on issues of child abuse, trafficking, child safety and protection.
• Review country-specific news outlets to prepare briefings on their political climate, crime, and other issues relating to our work in the region.
• Participate in enhancement of fundraising strategy, targeting new donor pools and populations to support Latin American sites
• Assist with deployment of social media campaigns
• Translate documents and communications, Spanish/English
• Assist with travel arrangements, setting up meetings, and other administrative tasks as needed
• Current undergraduate or graduate student in Political Science, International Relations, Latin American Studies, Human Rights, Spanish, or related fields
• Bi-lingual Spanish/English Excellent oral and written (including editing and proofing) communication skills
• Research skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and strong computer skills
• Ability to multi-task and work both independently and under direction
Interested candidates please submit cover letter and resume.