WriterCRM Enterprises LLC
Social Media CoordinatorCRM Enterprises LLC
Communications InternEmpire Comfort Systems Inc.
Finance and AccountingSpacelabs
Communications Intern - Summer 2017Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
Hiring Immediately- Customer Service RepReyes Agency
Social Media InternThe Claire Life Mini Mag
Public Relations/Media InternshipHRW Music Group, LLC
Marketing and Communications InternBookmark This
The Salvation Army National Capital Area
2626 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Posted: July 19 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionUnder direct management of the Marketing and Communications Manager, this intern will assist The Salvation Army National Capital Area Command with public relations and marketing projects. The intern will support the continuous flow of information needed to keep key stakeholders (donors, volunteers, news media and the general public) informed of The Salvation Army’s programs, community initiatives and needs. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Minimum: 15 hours/week for 3 months.
ResponsibilitiesBelow identifies the essential responsibilities of the position, but is not exclusive:
• Plan, research and create content for The Salvation Army’s social media channels (including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube) including content for the Holiday Integrated Media Campaign.
• Draft “impact stories” featuring a Salvation Army client, staff member or volunteer to publish on the Area Command website.
• Assist in writing news features for the e-newsletter that is sent to 20,000+ readers.
• Research and update DC press media contact lists to help ensure that press materials are sent to appropriate reporters and editors.
• Draft, pitch and distribute press releases, media alerts, and news stories.
• Help maintain the organization’s MailChimp email database.
Requirements• Completed or working towards a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Communications or Public Relations).
• Computer literate with strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to prepare professional promotional materials.
• Firm grasp of social media trends and ability to create social media content.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple detail-oriented projects.
• Comfortable performing general clerical work including letter writing, filing, faxing, copying, answering phones, responding to emails, etc.
• Ability to project a professional and positive image of The Salvation Army